A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Canon 7D

Canon 7D

So the Canon 7D has officially become the camera that I want. The 5d Mark II is amazing but unless the 7D falls short on the high iso then the 7D is exactly what I have been looking for. Yes it's the 1.6 crop but that just means I can keep all my current lenses...

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=19356

Yummy 100% VF with 1.0x magnification.

I'll also take one of these please.
    Tamron 17-50 2.8 IS

How the new Hybrid IS works in the 100L Macro.
    http://web.canon.jp/imaging/lens/tec...html#hybrid_is
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 09-01-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Yup I want. So starts the effort to sell my 30d and 17-40 to fund it. High iso and IQ is understandably not as good as the 5dII but is supposed to be much better than the 40/50d, from what i've heard.

ISO performance.
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

I think I need to suck it up and put my name out there to do senior portraits. Easy money...
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 09-01-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Any idea of cost on this thing?

I think I'd still prefer the 5dII but I guess that would be much more expensive? I mean - to upgrade from a 40d you'd want a full-frame camera wouldn't you? (unless you had a load of EF-S lenses).

I wish they wouldn't include that print button on the camera - does anyone actually use it?

Hmmm - you can pre-order for £1699:

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/...1/Details.html

and I think you can pick up a 50d mark II body for around £1800 so they are similar price.

I think they said it will be around 1700-1800 for the body only. the 5d Mark II is still like 2500...

Quote Originally Posted by loydall View Post
    Any idea of cost on this thing?

I think I'd still prefer the 5dII but I guess that would be much more expensive? I mean - to upgrade from a 40d you'd want a full-frame camera wouldn't you? (unless you had a load of EF-S lenses).

I wish they wouldn't include that print button on the camera - does anyone actually use it?
    at release
    ~$1600 in USA
    ~£1600 in UK
    sucks.

I like the 1.6x crop it suits the kinda photography I'm into, but ff would make sense for landscape / portrait stuff

I just saw a used 5D Mark II go for $2200 on POTN. I think by the time I could afford either I would have to go with the Mark II. As sweet as the 7D is- FF is just something else.

Maybe when I'm am real baller I can get the 7D as a backup

the 7D gets the hitler treatment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZp9WMy4ihg

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    I just saw a used 5D Mark II go for $2200 on POTN. I think by the time I could afford either I would have to go with the Mark II. As sweet as the 7D is- FF is just something else.

Maybe when I'm am real baller I can get the 7D as a backup
    I think by the time I can afford it it'll be the 9D mk III

Sadly the Rumor mill has shifted it's craziness already onto the 3D...

Seriously do they need this many levels? The 1D, 5D, xxD, and Rebel series was good enough...yesh. The 7D is already making it confusing enough.

Nice camera but I think I will also stick with upgrading to the 5D II when I have the cash.

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/cate...nge=1731#first

5D II - £1894.00
    7D - £1699.00

that's launch price for the 7d though, you'd expect that to come down pretty quickly afterwards.

It will definitely drop right down by the years end.

Actually, the more I read about this camera, the more I like it.

The 5d mii does have higher resolution but the 7d is still 18mp(isn't it?) and the 5d markii is full frame of couse. But, if the price comes down, does that warrant the extra cost of the 5dii?

Also - the 30p vs 24p thing - I don't really undersatnd the pros and cons but it seems that 24p is better? 24p is more of a 'movie look' than 30p - is that correct? I really like the idea of having a decent movie taking camera (but not at the expense of still-image quality).

So - is full frame that much better?
    And - what's all this I hear about 30p vs 24p?

the 7D also doesn't make you buy different focusing screens as it as an electronic overlay that let's you display a grid in the viewfinder whenever you want it(landscapes etc) among other bits of info

electronic leveler is pretty cool too...

Where does the film go?
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

You're looking for the Canon EOS Elan 7