A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Lady in the blue dress

Lady in the blue dress

well it's the same lady as usual but I kinda like her so

These were taken when I had the 5D Mark II + 24-105

Just realized after uploading that they probably should have been sharpened a little more...

These were mistakes from the lights being too close and were actually test shots but I kept them for some reason and just played with some B&W with them...

Comment/Crits as usual. Tried doing some more dodging/burning then I usually do. It's amazing how much different you can make a photo look by doing it...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Nikonist
    For me the sharpness is just right...I think too many photos are a lot over sharpened.
    Photographers to often follow the idea, the sharper the better is the photo
    Your lady shows great posing and a lot of tension in her body...good lighting in 2+3, love the light from the back, the last two are 'eye shots' from the best...the first is not so interesting as she seems to be a bit lost in the huge attick...good how you are hiding the light in her back...
    Great job!!
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Thanks for the comments. After relooking over them all I think they sharpening it fine as well it's just the difference from my tiff in photoshop to the jpeg uploaded to flickr is so different.

I randomly posted on facebook "who has weird crazy dresses they want to model" and a girl I used to have class with might be back in town at the end of the month and she has a hand sewn renaissance dress- so I am pretty excited for that. I have to get some locations picked out now!
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

exclusive member ( V I P ) tiGRAN=-2001's Avatar
    I like number 4 the best! could look nicer with a darker bg too.

Not a big fan of the lighting on the others. If you want less of a flat light effect, try bringing the light source closer, or shooting against darker bg areas.

Girl with blue color dress i like most. She looks very beautiful and expressions are awesome.

Sweet lady Your capturing style is awesome. Photography's are wonderful. Keep it up.