A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "The Jet" for the Community Project

Here is a jet that I did - sanman and I had a conversation on IRC and I looked at CNO's storyboard - there was a jet that transforms into a mech. So, I had done this jet a long time ago in a cad program - so I scanned it and recreated it in Flash - only 4K! Hope you like it.

Now, I am sending it to sanman who is going to 3D render it so we can make it roll off stage - maybe before the transform sequence.

Hope ya like it!

[swf width="550" height="400" background="#0000FF"]http://www.sff.net/people/christie.golden/art/jet.swf[/swf]

hey thats pretty cool.......
    i hope u guys get something decent out of this community project..
    when ever i take a look at the thread it looks as though there are to many people in it with only a few actually knowing whats going on!!!

oh well.....

hey i'm workin on an animation with a group to.... maybe a lil battle will comence with u guys winning of course

o so that is what u guys were talkin about

Heya GGW,

Sorry I just missed you on the channel, but I was checking messages. I knew as soon as you popped in, it was that you'd probably gotten that jet done, and so I came back here to find it.

Hey man! Very nice art! Great design! Looks very cool and futuristic.

We're going to have to get a robot-mode out of this, for that extra anime feel, unless you all feel otherwise. So do you think you can come up with a robot mode for that jet? If you could, that would be awesome. Think in terms of what we're trying to do with the scene. Once we're all firm on whether the design is okay, I should be able to model it for 3D maneuvers. What do you all think?

But hell man, it looks really nice -- did you come up with this straight out of your head?

I did it a long, long time ago from several composite photos that I put together in a computer and then rendered it in autocad. So it is not completely original... I really liked the forward swept wing configuration - thought it looked really anime!

Cool, stuff, but what do people do if they can't get on the chat.

Is someone going to post an update somewhere..? For people that can't get onto the IRC / MIRC thing..?

Ian424
    Thundachunk... I think you can get to IRC on telnet..

If you are on windows i think thats built in, otherwise there are Java applets built to connect to IRC channels out there that i believe are free.

Pretty sure about that, though its not as easy.

[small]hnnnff..!! I'll have a look, but I'm thinking ahead to next week, since I'll be on the college serever, behind a firewall (which doesn't help) using a locked up browser that doesn't allow Java-applets..!!!

Ah well.. I'll just stay on the Big thread.!!