A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Help]Want to make a game but can't.

[Help]Want to make a game but can't.

Hi Game Makers,

I want to make a game but can't because I don't have any game making program.I can't buy anything because I don't have an allowance.I can't download anything because I don't want to risk my computer getting something that harms it.So if anyone that has any game making program and would like to help make this game tell me and I will tell you everything that you need to know to make this game.

Signing Off,
    BuizelON

If you're good to your parents, you may yet get that allowance

http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/

May be what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownGuy View Post
    I don't want to risk my computer getting harmed so I don't want to download anything.

Mate, repeating the same thread doesn't make your situation any more urgent for anyone.

Stick to one thread, and be pleased you've not been flamed ( Honestly ).

Squize.

BuizelON stop spamming or you might get banned!

We won't create your game for you.

If you "WANT" to create a game, stop behaving like a three year old, and stop spamming the forum with the same threads! Even viewing a site, or forum or webpage means downloading it, so stop whining about not wanting to download! There are many free firewalls, anti-viruses out there, and if you don't even know how to use those, then spend a few more years learning how to operate a computer before thinking about making games!
    If you like me, add me to your friends list .

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by bluemagica View Post
    BuizelON stop spamming or you might get banned!

We won't create your game for you.

If you "WANT" to create a game, stop behaving like a three year old, and stop spamming the forum with the same threads! Even viewing a site, or forum or webpage means downloading it, so stop whining about not wanting to download! There are many free firewalls, anti-viruses out there, and if you don't even know how to use those, then spend a few more years learning how to operate a computer before thinking about making games!
    Can you give me a free harm protecting program to use.Can you also give me a good game maker to use.I'm sorry I spammed.I didn't know how to edit so I created new threads.Can you forgive me.Can you also tell me how to edit and delete posts.
    Last edited by BuizelON; 09-07-2009 at 07:58 AM.

No ones going to ban you.

But be a bit realistic in your goals. You're asking someone to make a game featuring Sega's IP for you. For free.

By using copyrighted images / names it means ( Aside from that being theft ) no one is going to buy it.
    So that means that whoever wrote this game for you for free, wouldn't even be able to sell it to make some of the development costs back.

To be blunt, that's never ever going to happen.

To get people wanting to work with you, you need to give them a reason why. I'm afraid just asking isn't enough. If you're a game designer, post up your GDD ( Game Design Document ), if you're an artist then post some of your work, a musician etc.
    You have to bring something to the party which will want people to work with you. If you have nothing, then nothing is going to happen. That's just the way it is.

There are free alternatives to Flash if your interested in learning how to code. Have a google ( Flash Develop for example is a free code editor for actionscript 3 ).

Squize.

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/d..._firewall.html

Also download softwares from trusted companies only, and for that first get yourself "firefox" and then install some security addons like "WOT" on it! They will tell you whats relatively safe.

For the gamemaker part: get

FlashDevelop : http://www.flashdevelop.org/communit...forum.php?f=11
    FlexSDK : http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/flexdownloads/

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/d..._firewall.html

Also download softwares from trusted companies only, and for that first get yourself "firefox" and then install some security addons like "WOT" on it! They will tell you whats relatively safe.

For the gamemaker part: get

FlashDevelop : http://www.flashdevelop.org/communit...forum.php?f=11
    FlexSDK : http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/flexdownloads/
    Thank you but you still didn't tell me how to edit and delete posts on the forums.Is Game Maker 7.0 a good game maker too.
    Last edited by BuizelON; 09-07-2009 at 08:18 AM.

You can't delete posts, only mods can! And you already know how to edit posts!

GM7 is really good, but it ain't free, unlike what I mentioned above! Also it doesn't allow browser deployment yet! But it's pretty easy to learn and get started with, because of it's D&D interface!

On a side-note, Don't double post either! If you have to say something to different people, leave a few paras and say it all in one post... or you can speak like this:
    Code:
    @person1:  blah blah blah

@person2: something else blah blah
    basically, keep things in one post, and to the point!
    Last edited by bluemagica; 09-07-2009 at 08:28 AM.

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

my x booty it is that BIG
    oh god kid here
    http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/
    it doesnt get any more easier than that with gamemaker
    Project||[GAME]-on hold for now
    ------------------
    [Hero]-80%
    [Enemies]-1%
    [Weapons]-90%
    [Items]-0%
    [Levels]-10%

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuizelON View Post
    I don't want to risk my computer getting harmed so
    I don't want to download anything.
    Honestly, you're not going to get a gift wrapped game on a silver platter handed to you here. This is a support forum; we're here to guide you and answer questions, not write your game for you. I won't even say it's a 50/50 relationship; you've got to bring something to the table.

Didn't occur to you to search the forum first, did it? From a thread 3 below this one:
    If you want to make a career in game development, then decide first what's going to be your forte. The field of game development is split mainly into programming, graphic/art design, music creation, and level design! Though you need knowledge on all these, you need to have your specialty in a single field to get a good job.

Anyway, I don't really recommend spending on mx2004, as it is quite obsolete when considering the future. I would suggest take the free route......
    1) GIMP: for your sprites and arts.
    2) FlashDevelop: To code and compile your game.
    3) FlexSDK: to support your FlashDevelop.
    4) Audacity/Wavosaur : for music creation, or you can get thousands of free music on the web, and most of us use those!

If you get the above, you won't have to spend a single yen, and you can learn perfectly. Also you can create the most powerful games possible with flash today, provided, you learn as3!
    When you've got the above and started to write some code, come back and see us and we'll help you further.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

buize: Age?
    I'm guessing 11 or 12, MAYBE 13 ....
    ??

It's a testament to the kindness of the community here that posts like these don't just get scorched to a pile of ash. I don't think I've found another place that wouldn't just flame the guy, ignore or delete the post entirely!

Professional Flash Developer
    >>It's a testament to the kindness of the community here that posts like these don't just get scorched to a pile of ash. I don't think I've found another place that wouldn't just flame the guy, ignore or delete the post entirely!<<

My Age Poll Answer: 12

I was enticed to keep reading and see how this one was going end (like a 40's popcorn flick) and then you guys had to go all nice on his ass and tell him what to do and where to get it. What, is FK going back to it's roots? =)

There are so many free game making tools out there that you will never have to buy anything if you don't want to. Don't be afraid of downloading from the internets if you have the right protections in place.

Get some free tools.
    Read some tutorials.
    Make a demo of you OWN game with your OWN (or open source) visuals and sounds.

Then come back and show off the demo.

Can you people stop insulting me and just leave this thread alone.I decided I want Game Maker 7.0 so there.Stop replying after this post.When I download Game Maker 7.0 and then when I need help i'll ask another forum for help.Okay.Thank you.

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BuizelON View Post
    Stop replying after this post.
    Ok.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

One of the few threads where the community gives legit help, and he thinks we're insulting...hell, he hasn't read the other ones...
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

Pazil... have you ever met a 12 year old who was mature, understanding, and patient?