A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CS4: Should Photoshop be the foundation for a Flash website?

CS4: Should Photoshop be the foundation for a Flash website?

Hi,
    I have a basic html/css website, and would now like to build a flash website. I've been using Lynda.com to learn more about the process, and in one tutorial the man recommended creating the website pages in Photoshop, and then importing the pages into Flash to add the Flash functionality to it (i.e. making it into a Flash website). Is this the norm on how to make a Flash website? Is there a norm? I'm looking for the best way to do this, being a newbie. I have the Adobe CS4 Web Premium Suite as my software platform.

Sincerely,
    Brian

Should this be the foundation? No. Can it be? Sure!

My favourite part of flash is all the vector which means tiny files. You can definitely import your images from Photoshop, but then you're going to lose the tiny size.
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Thanks for the response. So since I barely know either program, how would you recommend I build a Flash site? Should I try to strictly use Flash?

I guess a good question to ask is, how do you normally build a Flash site? Primarily in Flash, and then other programs (like photoshop) on an as needed basis? Or can you accomplish what you want by strictly using Flash?

Sincerely,
    Brian

Flash Designer
    You can accomplish a lot only with Flash, it has some good vector drawing tools, if you want more complex vectors you can use Illustrator which imports very well in flash. You may want to use photoshop maybe for a logo or anything small, but definitely not to create all your sites graphics.