A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Basic Game Idea, for a student....

Basic Game Idea, for a student....

Hey all, new to the forums here, and only a few months into ActionScript 3.0 I'm studying this at the moment, and the current module is to create a basic simple flash game...We are learning mid-level Flash, so I am capable of doing a few interesting things..

We only have 1 month to complete the game, and I need your help!

I want to know something that isn't too tricky, but effective...Every idea I have (puzzle bobble, card games etc) get shot down, as there are elements that make them difficult, this only needs to pass the module, due next month, so doesn't need to be too fancy...

Any suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated!!

Thankyou in advance

Simplest idea number guessing game, higher/lower kinda thing.

Bit harder would be pairs, not really too much to trip you up there.

Noughts and crosses (tic tac toe)
    New sig soon

High/Low yeah I could do something to make that interesting Thanks

Has anyone played Splash Bomb??

It's only for cellphones I believe, but i wonder how hard it would be to create something similar?

Here is a screenshot--->http://pantoflica.mobile9.com/downlo...46025956-1.png

Each one of those blobs, has 4 sizes, when it reaches maximum, the next click "bursts" it and it shoots '1 clicks worth' in each direction....

What ya rekon??

Do you have any goals or rules set for you?

I really think you should go for memory matching games....they are really easy! Basicaly, start with something, that is entirely player dependent, and doesn't require any AI opponents (even pong requires AI lol)! For example, you can create a sodoku game if you want(not the automatic ones, have things predefined), but definately don't try match3 types yet.......

You can also try something like simple shooting games, like the classic "duck hunt" and such!

Also, if you want to learn, and you actually try yourself first, we will always help you if you get stuck on the way, so don't worry too much, and just start on something!
    If you like me, add me to your friends list .

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

Hey bluemagica,

We don't have much in the way of goals/rules, as long is there is enough code in the final game, to show understanding of Math.random, super's and such.

I am thinking of going for a high low style, I have even contacted the All Blacks Rugby team, and they have given permission to brand it, so was thinking of using the jersys! 5 shirts, round 2 4 shirts, 3 shirts, 2, win!

I will keep you posted as your input will be invaluable!

Thankyou