A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ******* SWiSH V2 alpha 3 - Bug Thread *******

Re: Prblem with Circles

Originally posted by Stefan_Shterev
    Hi Roger & Co!

There is a problem with circles!

When I draw a circle (with Shift button) - the result is a pumpkin (bashed at the bottom)!!! :-D

Is this a bug?
    Could you send the swi to hhchang@optushome.com.au?

Hung-Hsin

[QUOTE]Originally posted by roger_onslow
    [B]One shouldn't be able to fill a line (or a non-closed bezier/poly).

So what possessed me to try? It wasn't disabled and I couldn't resist, out of curiosity.

I personally don't know whathappens if you put multiple objects Z(like text etc) in the hit state (yes .. it is the active area of the button). Maybe one of the flashier epxerts can help?
    They did not seem to do anything, just thought I would mention as it may confuse some.
    Attibutes sounds more like fill and line. Position is good (although it also affects size). I thought 'Placement' might be appropriate. The only thing is that Flash uses 'transform' for the transform panel, and as a lot of people use both tools (Flash stil has uses :-), it would be btter to remain consistent where possible and sensible. Maybe the 'Transform' effect could have a different name ('Tweening' or 'Morhping' maybe?)
    I agree RE the consistancy...but looking ahead to the day when they start following your lead.

(Flash stil has uses :-),
    Can you name 3?
    And that means we get to keep our jobs (as long as we have loud shirts) :-)
    Hope you are adequately compensated for this.

Found gradient fill ofset using x,y properties and also how to delete colors. WAY COOL!!! These drawing tools are so good, I have added export as .gif, and .png to my SWiSH wish list!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hung-Hsin Chang
    [B]
    Originally posted by dbd
    COPY OBJECT: If you copy object that was drawn then paste that object, if you change colors of object 1
    object 2's colors change too (although these may take on different effects, and oddly enough they be resized and rotated independantly) even when one of the objects has been renamed.
    Is there any way to avoid this so that they can take on different colors/fils? When you copy a .jpeg, .gif, or .png, you later have a choice of changing it.
    This really isn't a big deal and is probably not a bug...just thought I would ask.
    Note: Text can be copied and pasted then colored independantly.
    Yep! Currently, the copies of a shape share the same instance. I will make them independent in beta.

While using the program, I found that this can be very useful; wonder if it would be possible to paste with same or paste as new or sometthing like that, so you could choose whether A should keep the same colors as B or not.

If fills (or even better all the attributes of the objects you can draw in SWiSH) could be applied to text this would be great as well, even though the text would probably need to be turned into an object (maybe you could add this as an option under Convert : e.g., to Button, Sprite, or Shape ) first; disabling the complex effects. That would open up a number of possibilities;
    for example text could act like a mask if you chose a bitmap fill, and much like text created in Illustrator.
    It shouldn't be hard. We've added it to our list.

That's GREAT!!!

[QUOTE]
    Thanks you. I've found myself a "loud" shirt
    [QUOTE]
    Great! I can imagine what a sacrifice this is and how difficult it must be to comply with this rule. Sometimes, for a good cause, you just have to sell out!

If it's any encouragement with all the bug reports you are receiving, the more I look at this program the bigger the gap between it and 1.52 seems. The only area that I have yet to see a major change is in the program's ability to do more with "Action Scripts" or whatever it is that would enable one to create mouse trails, forms, drag objects around, and have one .swf "talk" to another. Are these capabilities that would somehow effect the program's ease of use, are they very difficult to write, are they on the SWiSH wish list, or already in place with the new FS Command? They may be the only reasons left for anyone using Flash. Thanks
    Hmmm... I am not sure about this. Maybe in Swish 3. I will leave this one to David.

As he hasn't been seen or heard from around here lately, I will remain optimistic that he's at least half way there already!

UGLY BUTTONS: At first, the post regarding these didn't seem a concern (as you can change these),
    but on second thought, if you don't make them look better you can bet "Those SWiSH Buttons" will be a topic of conversation at
    Flash Forward 2001!!! So you might want to make them less unattractive or at least change the color to
    orange and purple, and put a BIG S on them!

BEIZER: Cannot control or get it to make a curve, did get a curve once but have no idea how or what I did.

Thanks,
    Dawn

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by dbd
    >One shouldn't be able to fill a line (or a non-closed
    >bezier/poly).
    So what possessed me to try? It wasn't disabled and I couldn't resist, out of curiosity.
    We'll see if we can put code in there to diable fill options for lines and open beziers
    >I personally don't know what happens if you put multiple
    >objects Z(like text etc) in the hit state (yes .. it is
    >the active area of the button). Maybe one of the flashier
    >epxerts can help?
    They did not seem to do anything, just thought I would mention as it may confuse some.
    I think that the union of all the solid objects i nthe hit state becomes the hit state.. So if you put some text in the hit state for a button, then the active areas for button presses would be the shape of the text.
    >Attibutes sounds more like fill and line. Position is
    >good (although it also affects size). I
    >thought 'Placement' might be appropriate. The only thing
    >is that Flash uses 'transform' for the transform panel,
    >and as a lot of people use both tools (Flash stil has
    >uses :-), it would be btter to remain consistent where
    >possible and sensible. Maybe the 'Transform' effect could
    >have a different name ('Tweening' or 'Morhping' maybe?)
    I agree RE the consistancy...but looking ahead to the day when they start following your lead.
    Sound like David (Michie) and Goliath :-)
    >(Flash stil has uses :-),
    Can you name 3?
    3 .. well, I don't know if it has that many .. I didn't say it had a lot :-)
    >And that means we get to keep our jobs (as long as
    >we have loud shirts) :-)
    What .. the work, or having to wear loud shirts? I don't know if there could be enough compensation for the loud shirts .. but at least the shirts keep me awake for late night programming :-)

Boy, did I screw up the B and Quote tags.
    >Attibutes sounds more like fill and line. Position is
    >good (although it also affects size). I
    >thought 'Placement' might be appropriate. The only thing
    >is that Flash uses 'transform' for the transform panel,
    >and as a lot of people use both tools (Flash stil has
    >uses :-), it would be btter to remain consistent where
    >possible and sensible. Maybe the 'Transform' effect could
    >have a different name ('Tweening' or 'Morhping' maybe?)
    Sound like David (Michie) and Goliath :-)

Sure does!

>(Flash stil has uses :-),
    Can you name 3?
    3 .. well, I don't know if it has that many .. I didn't say it had a lot :-)

I will give them the scripting capabilities so there's 1. How about 2?

>And that means we get to keep our jobs (as long as
    >we have loud shirts) :-)
    What .. the work, or having to wear loud shirts? I don't know if there could be enough compensation for the loud shirts .. but at least the shirts keep me awake for late night programming :-)
    [/B][/QUOTE]

The loud shirts of course...the work sounds fun, and you will make Flash history (in more ways than one)!

Dawn

APP ERROR

I got the opperation error again 0x0049e36e at location 0x00000004. I tried to reproduce the error, here is what I did and how it turned out.

Initially, I had loaded in Jerry T's Ball and Grid swi and it ran fine (btw: exceptional bit of work also Jerry). While I was disecting the movie I was poking around the OUTLINE alot, clicking on objects, sprites, text, that sort of thing. After about a dozen different clicks (I would click on the icon in order to highlight it on the layout)the layout stopped putting the little squares around the highlighted element. A few more (about another dozen selections) the program errored out with the above address.

So I tried to reproduce the problem. Loaded the movie and clicked away. Sure enough, after about a dozen clicks in the outline clicking on various elements and elements of sprites the little square highlights stopped showing up around the element that should have had the focus on the layer. A few more clicks and *WHAM* the program just closes off, no error, it just dies silently.

This was the same error and address of an error that I previously reported in this thread. I am running a PII 333 with 128 ram, winnt 4.0 wkst w/sp6a.

Suggestions

Since becoming more familiar with 'SWISH' it would save a lot of time when building movies etc, if you could delete and add frames.
    Another time saving suggestion would be if you could select and move multiple effects along the frame bar.
    Rgds,
    The Spann.

Hey looric

If you look at my previous posts within this thread you will see that I experience that same problem all the time about not having an item highlight. I usually save whatever I have added then close it and reopen it. The highlights stay active for a brief time. Glad you liked the ball and grid. Its someone else's original work. TM Design I think. I just reproduced it is all. Im working on a pretty cool video game that you might want to see.

~Jer~

Re: Re: Problem with Circles

Hi Hung-Hsin!

There is really a problem with circles!

When I draw a circle (with Shift button) - the result is a oval like a circle (bashed at the bottom)!!! :-(

Bye!

SWiSH you all the best!

Stefan.

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Suggestions

Originally posted by The Spann
    Since becoming more familiar with 'SWISH' it would save a lot of time when building movies etc, if you could delete and add frames.
    In V2: F5 and Shift+F5 insert and delete frames
    Another time saving suggestion would be if you could select and move multiple effects along the frame bar.
    In V2: You can already do that .. as long as they are for the same object (same line). Inserting and deleteing frame can be used for moving effects on all lines.

Re: Re: Re: Problem with Circles

Hi Hung-Hsin!

When I draw a circle (with Shift button) - the result is a oval like a circle (bashed at the bottom)!!! :-(

Bye!

SWiSH you all the best!

Stefan.
    I tried to recreate it but I got a circle with a couple of 'bumps' around the edges, nothing major. I investigated further and guess what, got an app error, yup. I thought to myself, "Ginger (cause that is what I call myself when I think to myself), why not draw a couple of 'spokes' on the circle and then do a transform on that group and see what kind of symmetry we get" I did that, drew a spoke, aligned it in the middle of the circle, grouped it, and did a transform, rotate cw 1440 degrees. It looked ok. I wanted to edit the transform, I double clicked on the transform in the timeline and *poof* Instruction could not be 'written' 0x01962811 at 0x98c7ec33

I got the <shift> circles ok, but a nice little crash with them

btw: my name is not Ginger, but my cat is named Dusty.

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: APPLICATION ERROR

Originally posted by looric

SWiSH200.exe - Application Error
    Exception Illegal Instruction
    (0xc000001d at location 0x0198d038)

Here are the particulars of the system: PIII 333 128 ram Win NT kst sp6a.

Here is what happened:
    I created an all text movie with 4 text elements.
    Text Element 1= 'This is a test' with a BLUR(20 frames) with these TRANSFORMS: START-Alpha Value=30,Scale=30,rotate=30 FINISH-Alpha Value =100 % Opaque, Scale =100 %, rotate=back to 0 CW.

Text Element 2= 'This is a test' with a BLUR(20 frames) with these TRANSFORMS: START-Alpha Value=30,Scale=30,rotate=30 FINISH-Alpha Value =100 % Opaque, Scale =100 %, rotate=back to 0 CCW.

Text Element 3 = '-----------' with a TRANSFORM (20 Frames) with a FINISH of Rotate 360 CCW and a fade to black.

Text Element 4 = '-----------' with a TRANSFORM (20 Frames) with a FINISH of Rotate 360 CW and a fade to black.

I tested the previews and they looked good. I then RIGHT CLICKED on Text Element 3 in the Time line and CUT it. I went to Text Element 4 in the time line and right clicked and the App error ocurred.

Sorry I could not go into further detail
    Cannot reproduce this .. sorry.

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: One more Time :-)

Originally posted by 667Viper
    Ok, here's one Failure I found.
    I'm running under Windows2000 Professionel on a AMD K7 800, 256 MB RAM, Matrox G450, and a blue Midi-Tower :-)))

When I try to get the Typewriter Effect on a Group of Objects, my Swiwh get crashed. :-(

Here's what Dr Watson give out:
    snip

I hope it can help.. Bye
    I cannot reproduce this .. might already be fixed

Can't grab shapes

Ok just drawn a two circles and drew a line to link them

o--------------------------------o

like above

(not grouped in any way) now I can't grab any of the shapes to move them I'm using alpha 3 (of course)

StevePH

My recommendations for SWiSH 2.0 part III

Hi Roger & Co!

This is my new recomendations for SWiSH 2.0:

1st. Make movable corners of the rectangles and squares - to make other figures and simulate perspective
    2nd. Make Perspective efect or transformation
    3rd. Make additions to the Transform efect - slow down to zero, speed up to ..., transform shapes
    4th. Add warping (curving) to the objects (text and shapes)
    5th. Add more shapes - arc, sector, and more.....

Thats all for now!

SWiSH you all the best!

Stefan.

I've found that when zooming out or in that sometimes the objects(shape,text,pictures) dont want to move when you try to drag them.

Re: Can't grab shapes

Originally posted by StevePH

like above

(not grouped in any way) now I can't grab any of the shapes to move them I'm using alpha 3 (of course)

StevePH
    Cannot reproduce the problem. Please send the swi file to
    hhchang@optushome.com.au

Hung-Hsin

Re: Can't grab shapes

Originally posted by StevePH

like above

StevePH
    I think I know what it is, this just happened to me. If it's the same thing, you need to click on the "arrow" tool to the left of the movie stage. It's not selected by default (should it be, perhaps?).

Best, Will

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Re: Can't grab shapes

Originally posted by flashopper
    I think I know what it is, this just happened to me. If it's the same thing, you need to click on the "arrow" tool to the left of the movie stage. It's not selected by default (should it be, perhaps?).
    [/B]
    When playing a movie/scene etc, the toolbox tools (arrow etc) get turned off. Sounds like the arrowtool may not be being turned back on after you stop.

Re: Re: Re: Problem with Circles

Hi Hung-Hsin!

Stefan.
    Could you send me the swi file or the screen shot to show me how bad the circle is? Currently, i use 8 quadratic curves to build a circle. It is not perfect but looks ok to me. If it's necessary, i can fit a circle with 12 or 16 quadratic curves to improve the quality.

Hung-Hsin