A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ******* SWiSH V2 alpha 3 - Bug Thread *******

Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with Circles

>There is really a problem with circles! They get squashed! (paraphrased)

I experienced this once, and it was because I moved the mouse slightly after letting up on the shift key before I finished dragging. When I do it correctly, I get what appear to be perfect circles every time...

Will

Two small, possible bugs on the interface:

When I insert an action into a scene timeline, the dialog box isn't all there (drawn), but it still works. Also, when I click the "play scene" button, the "stop" button with the black square is greyed out, but still works...

Will

Bezier Artifact

If you draw a bezier object then drag the completed object around the layout screen, You'll see thick line trails left behind the object. I can send the swi if needed.

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with Circles

Originally posted by flashopper
    >There is really a problem with circles! They get squashed! (paraphrased)

I experienced this once, and it was because I moved the mouse slightly after letting up on the shift key before I finished dragging. When I do it correctly, I get what appear to be perfect circles every time...
    Don't release the shift key until after you've released the mouse button. Ths is the usual case with any program that uses the shift key to constrain the mouse (eg keep aspect ratio etc).

SWiSHer extraordinaire

When I insert an action into a scene timeline, the dialog box isn't all there (drawn), but it still works.
    Found that one just after Alpha 3 got out .. it is fixed in the upcoming Alpha 4
    Also, when I click the "play scene" button, the "stop" button with the black square is greyed out, but still works...
    Same here .. there are also some buttons for ff/rew etc when playing a single frame

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Bezier Artifact

Originally posted by LTL
    If you draw a bezier object then drag the completed object around the layout screen, You'll see thick line trails left behind the object. I can send the swi if needed.
    I cannot see that happenning when Itry .. please send a SWI to myself and Hung-Hsin, thanks

I've found a nasty little bug that can make effects on grouped objects annoying.I grouped a rectangle(red) and an oval(green)together with the oval on top.Now if I give the group any type of effect no matter what when the effect is done the oval is behind the rectangle.i've uploded an .swi file to make it easier to see what I'm talking about.
    http://www.trykorrollingmedia.com/alpha3bug.swi

My recommendations for SWiSH 2.0 part III & IV

Hello to all SWiSH developers!

This is my new recomendations and suggestions for SWiSH 2.0:

1st. Make movable corners of the rectangles and squares - to make other figures and simulate perspective
    2nd. Make Perspective efect or transformation
    3rd. Make additions to the Transform efect - slow down to zero, speed up to ..., variabtransform shapes
    4th. Add warping (curving) to the objects (text and shapes)
    5th. Add more shapes - arc, sector, and more.....
    6th. Add Export movie to Animated GIF
    7th. Add Import Animated GIFs
    8th. Please, add Symbol libraries

========================================

Question (doubt about bug): When I try to change the font - when I move the pointer down, font preview window moves down too and goes out of sight!!!!!

I this a bug?????

========================================

Thats all for now!

SWiSH you all the best!

Stefan.

I've noticed that when I add a Stop Action the window that pops up to confirm it looks really deformed.Is this a bug or have you guys fixed it already? i found it in alpha 3 of course.While working with a sprite.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by Rykor
    I've found a nasty little bug that can make effects on grouped objects annoying.I grouped a rectangle(red) and an oval(green)together with the oval on top.Now if I give the group any type of effect no matter what when the effect is done the oval is behind the rectangle.i've uploded an .swi file to make it easier to see what I'm talking about.
    I think Hung Hsin has fixed that for the next alpha

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: My recommendations for SWiSH 2.0 part III & IV

Originally posted by Stefan_Shterev

1st. Make movable corners of the rectangles and squares - to make other figures and simulate perspective
    One can already skew them (you end up with a parallelogram). Sound like you'd like to move individual corners. We do have plans to allow modifying of shapes (ie bezier/poly) after they are place (maybe for V2 .. we'll see). I'm not sure about arbitrary distortions to a shape though .. we'll add that to the list
    2nd. Make Perspective efect or transformation
    What exactly do you mean by 'Perspective efect'?
    3rd. Make additions to the Transform efect - slow down to zero, speed up to ..., variabtransform shapes
    That's on the list .. hopefully we'll get it in for V2 .. all depends.
    4th. Add warping (curving) to the objects (text and shapes)
    That's on the wish list
    5th. Add more shapes - arc, sector, and more.....
    Again, depends on time. Once we are sure the current tools are working correctly, we can then use them as the basis for some more tools. But we want to ensure the basic ones are ok first
    6th. Add Export movie to Animated GIF
    That's on the wish list
    7th. Add Import Animated GIFs
    That's on the wish list
    8th. Please, add Symbol libraries
    It is possible that we could do that via the Content panel. One could import a symbol just like you import a bitmap etc (or import a shape). I'll stick that on the list too
    Question (doubt about bug): When I try to change the font - when I move the pointer down, font preview window moves down too and goes out of sight!!!!!
    THanks .. I've fixed that bug now.

Re: Re: Suggestions

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    Originally posted by The Spann
    Since becoming more familiar with 'SWISH' it would save a lot of time when building movies etc, if you could delete and add frames.
    In V2: F5 and Shift+F5 insert and delete frames
    Another time saving suggestion would be if you could select and move multiple effects along the frame bar.
    In V2: You can already do that .. as long as they are for the same object (same line). Inserting and deleteing frame can be used for moving effects on all lines.
    Thanks for that Roger, how can I find out about other 'F' commands? from, the spann.

Choice Bro!
    ^^^^^ Just going up! ^^^^^

Found one

Here's one: I create a vortex effect and double click it to open it. I click the preview button and it starts previewing as planned. I click the Camera button. I go to the first "X" field and enter a number, say "100". If I press enter to transfer the change to the looping preview, the program freezes, with the cursor changing to a frozen "waiting" hourglass. Win2000, P3, tried it with multiple variations, always got same result...

Will

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Found one

Here's one: I create a vortex effect and double click it to open it. I click the preview button and it starts previewing as planned. I click the Camera button. I go to the first "X" field and enter a number, say "100". If I press enter to transfer the change to the looping preview, the program freezes, with the cursor changing to a frozen "waiting" hourglass. Win2000, P3, tried it with multiple variations, always got same result...
    Yeup .. I can reproduce that one .. it will give me some (else) to do today :-)

Thanks

I hope the color problem will be fixed in alpha 4(eye dropper & the little sponge looking thing)

But I have a bigger problem while have adobe photoshop open and then opening alpha 3 Swish went bizerk first it crashed.Then I re-opened swish to make sure it wasn't a fluke and the Swish Alpha 3 crashed again because of something anot the 4dmain and then it crashed my kernal32.dll I think this one is because of adobe photoshop and swish being opened at the same time.You might want to check this one out.

Hey Roger Found Another In Alpha3

theres seems to be a problem with pasting a text from the notepad to swish I pasted only a paragraph approximatly 403 characters into the text panel and swish crashed.And then I tried pasting individual sections of the paragraph and at about half way it stop and would continue at the start of my text.I hope you can fix this!

Another bug (may be)

Hi Roger!

(Please, excuse my English)

I've found another bug (may be): When I try do delete in Contents list previously imported GIF (may be with other types too) file, SWiSH alpha 3 "explodes - BAAAANG" - I tryed it 5-6 times - the same result!!! :-(

And IF SWiSH FREEZES, FREEZES WITH VERY HIGH QUALITY!!!! :-D

Windows NT cannot end the task with SWiSH alpha 3!!!

=========================================

Question: When will be ready alpha 4?

=========================================

SWiSH you all the best!

Stefan.