A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Play and Rewind Movie Clip Button

Unhappy Play and Rewind Movie Clip Button

I made a vertical list of thumbnails and converted them into a movie clip. There is a total of 20 thumbnails. I masked the movie clips so that it only shows 5 thumbnails at a time. I created keyframes at every point in the clip that 5 thumbnails are shown so that I can pause it.

I was trying to use this code to scroll down from the first set of 5 to the second:

on (release) {
    design_thumbnails.gotoAndPlay (20)
    }

When I click the button nothing happens

I'd also like to know how to rewind the movie so that when I press the up arrow it goes up to the previous set of 5.

Here's what it looks like:

I made a vertical list of thumbnails and converted them into a movie clip. There is a total of 20 thumbnails. I masked the movie clips so that it only shows 5 thumbnails at a time. I created keyframes at every point in the clip that 5 thumbnails are shown so that I can pause it.

I was trying to use this code to scroll down from the first set of 5 to the second:

on (release) {
    design_thumbnails.gotoAndPlay (20)
    }

When I click the button nothing happens

I'd also like to know how to rewind the movie so that when I press the up arrow it goes up to the previous set of 5.

Here's what it looks like:

I got it working.. I guess I forgot to put an instance name for the movie clip. BUT now it won't stop on frame 20. It just keeps playing...

This code worked but once it reaches the end of the movie clip and I press the down button again, it loops back to the beginning.

on (release) {
    design_thumbnails.play();
    }

How can I keep it from looping back once it reaches the end?

How can I code the other button to play backward?

Thanks.

best way would be to NOT use a motion tween. But code the movement, so that you could go forward, backwards, adjust speed, add some easing (slowing down when reaching the goal, for exemple) so the movement would feel more organic. The Tween Class could help you acheive that.

gparis