A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fwa

Fwa

This may have been posted in the past, but to you who may be new this is an excellent place to watch for trends.

FWA (Flash Website Award)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Wow, that's real old dude. The FWA was the hot spot back in like, 2000. And it's also not "Flash Website Award". It's "Favorite Website Awards".

Actually it started in 2000 and back then it was only by month. Most designers and developers still think it's a prestigious award to recieve. It's true though that it seems like things become ancient after about 2 years.

Also, most of the 'cool' sites you see posted here are on the fwa site first.
    Last edited by rynoe; 10-27-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree. The FWA is just one of those awards where all the sites look the same. They are the over the top, excessive Flash sites. And you can follow along the current latest trends in Flash from there. You know when 3D starting becoming big because all of the sites on there started using 3D.

I'm just not a fan because most of the sites there are impractical for a client. They're all fancy microsites meant for a one time visit, and that's all. They have no real substance. Just a flashy front.

used to be my fav