A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My vision of a Flash programmer's site

guruvodkadrinker

Wink My vision of a Flash programmer's site

Hello.

Please check out my latest work and tell me what you think. It's still in beta thus you can see fps counter in the top left corner. It is a bit different from latest web2.0 flash sites common today. And navigation seems to be a bit difficult, but the main theme is "click the green blinking thing" q: Post your opinions and what fps you are getting at what PC and display size.

The site is heavy and very cpu intensive.

http://va.lent.in

Thank you.

It looks very interesting, although I must say parsing all that text to figure out what the menu options are and what to do is really an unusable interface. I see where you're going, but you should be trying to make it easy for the visitor to find the information he's looking for. I really like the different effects you have, though. Particularly the text-pixel-shift. I'd be interested in figuring out how you did that.

Banned
    wow!!

Nice work. The homepage's style sheet links are a bit out of whack but otherwise it's cool when you get into the Flash. I like the effects of the typing a lot.

-NITIN ANAND-
    http://www.nanand78.com
    :::::::::: HTTP://WWW.NANAND78.COM ::::::::::

It's nice and technical.

Some reason it bugs me a bit though. Most programmers that I know strive for code that is simple and elegant, not complex and conviluded. I am not saying that the website is that way. Maybe I'm just being picky.

If it represents a flash programmers site, why include the 'let' statement in what appears to be psuedo-code?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very cool effects on the text. But the text takes to long to display. Cool effects but I got a bit bored waiting for the links to appear,

Nice idea, got to admit after 1min + I was a bit bored of waiting for it to load.

www.rajkataria.com rajkataria17's Avatar
    very nice work... I really like the coding animation...

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    is there a nav ?

Thumbs up

Wow...i didn't get bored at all waiting ...this site is freakin' incredible! it's like a revelation...i'm no expert but i would put this up there with 2advanced.com.

I really like how you approached the text part, making it look like computer text and mixing it up programming language.

Very inspiring.