A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLASH CS4: creating a random image generator from a live feed (ie; flickr)

Question FLASH CS4: creating a random image generator from a live feed (ie; flickr)

hello flashkit forums, long time reader but first time poster here.
    i am wondering if it is possible, and if someone would be so kind to help me code a scene where two thumbnails, side by side, are flipped up and down, and back up, each time revealing a new random image culled from a feed such as a flickr feed (or any others available, is there a random google image search feed that i dont know about?).

if this is possible, i would need assistance in coding the script so that the flash movie is dynamic and pulls image data in real time from the feed, displays it within the two thumbnail cells, and for added headache pain, i would hope to also learn how to code a random image to be selected based on a visitors date/time stamp.

i am a graphic designer with rudimentary knowledge of action script 2.0 (yikes!) so please, go slowly / explain yourself.

i have searched the forum, but i cannot find any previous threads that combine the random image generator idea with a live feed (unless if i missed it, please point it out to me if you can find such threads).

if this is not possible in flash, please let me know what other options are available, so that i know what routes i need to take and search out.
    cheers!

Unhappy follow up...

if i want to adapt this plugin from wordpress

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/flickrpress/

could i marry this with a flash animation? or would this be limited to use (outside of wordpress) in dreamweaver? (in which case, anyone know a forum for wordpress/dreamweaver/theme dreamer?)

*so lost*