A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound at beginning of 2 Scenes and Optimizing

Sound at beginning of 2 Scenes and Optimizing

Hi! I have 2 questions. I hope someone can give me some tips, as the first one really confuses me! I have created a X-mas card for my company. When the card opens, the 3 circles are buttons to different scenes within Flash. The text in the bottom left is a button to the final scene.

The card can be viewed here: http://www.aahanet.org/greetingcards/holiday09/

1) When I click on the circle button that has the red garland and tree ornaments in it, if you listen close at the very beginning of the scene, a squeek sound plays. I use this squek sound in the hamster wheel movie symbol used in other scenes, but not in this scene. I don't even have the sound in this scene of the Flash project anywhere. I can not figure out where it is coming from.

2) Does anyone have some optimization tips? My project file is huge and a lot of the people we will be sending this out to probably don't have the most up-to-date processers. Should I split each scene into it's own Flash movie that is only loaded when the button for that scene is selected instead of the whole thing loading?

Here is a link to view the .FLA file: http://www.aahanet.org/greetingcards...gcard_2009.fla

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated!! Next year, we are doig a much simpler card!!

Well without actually viewing your source file, it can be hard to tell where the "squeeking" sound is coming from. If you can share your file, we can figure out an answer.

As far as the optimization part, this something you should try to do from project inception. Sometimes dividing the project up into small bit size elements will allow the information to load "faster" (really not faster but you can break it up to make it easier). The speed of the user's processor is important, but because you're using Flash, you won't need any high end system. However, the speed of the Internet connection is extremely important. If they are running dial up, then the smaller the bites the better for them. However, if everyone is running T1 connections, well size is of little matter.

Hang on, I just noticed you posted a link to your FLA....let me start there and give you a recommendation.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.