A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Exhausted, RSS Flash 10 question (Plz help)

Post Exhausted, RSS Flash 10 question (Plz help)

OMG, I'm exhausted. I've been trying to figure this out forever. I just am not smart enough. Pleeease help me. I'm just going to copy + paste what I sent to the peeps at VIMEO:

"Hi everybody,

I'm a flash noob. I am just trying to make a flash based RSS reader for my site to access some groups that I setup on VIMEO.

I found this site and re-jigged it to point to a VIMEO group that I setup: alaashaker.wordpress.com/2008/09/09/build-your-own-flash-rss-reader-tutorial-flash-actionscript-30/

From the flash authoring program itself, when I hit CTRL+ENTER, the SWF compiles with no problems and IT WORKS! I'm able to access the RSS data perfectly. But when I try to to do the same from the EXPORTED swf file, I get NOTHING. When I upload the SWF on my site and try to access the RSS feed, I also get NOTHING.

I think it is a crossdomain.xml security thing maybe? I don't know what the problem is right now.

I made a zip w/ the (FLA + SWF) to show you what I've got and uploaded it to this temporary location: 7dpro.com/7DproRSSReader_T2i.zip

I couldn't copy/paste the code properly here in this msg.

It's basically the same code from the tutorial that I mentioned above only pointing to VIMEO.

Can somebody please help me, I haven't used flash since MX days, YEARS AGO, and a lot has changed. I'm sorry for my noobish post and I am very for any help that you can provide. If you wish to email me, I can be reached at pat@7dpro.com

Thank you very kindly for your time, patience and help.

Cheers,

Pat - 7Dpro.com"

Thank you soo much, I give up, I can't figure out what is going on.

ah-ha... getting warmer, debug mode yields the following error:

Error #2044: Unhandled securityError:. text=Error #2048: Security sandbox violation: file:///E|/PROJECTS%5FPAMUNOZ/7DPro.com/FLA/7DproRSSReader%5FT2i.swf cannot load data from http://vimeo.com/groups/t2i/videos/rss.
    at 7DproRSSReader_T2i_fla::MainTimeline/frame1()[7DproRSSReader_T2i_fla.MainTimeline::frame1:12]

does this make sense 2 u?

P.S. - I have an xml setup in my root directory and it says the following:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
    <cross-domain-policy>
      <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>
      <allow-access-from domain="*"/>
      <allow-access-from domain="*.vimeo.com" />
      <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" />
    </cross-domain-policy>
    Last edited by Patricio Munoz; 03-12-2010 at 12:15 PM.