A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: would you trust mochi?

formerly hooligan2001 :) .hooligan's Avatar
    wow I didn't know this was going on. Thanks for the article Incrue.
    World Arcade | Facebook | Twitter - Follow MEEEE! or not......

I found that part interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by chriserror
    Apple refuse Apps all the time due to numerous reasons, and are not legally bound to even tell you why, if they suspect a game is stolen, they refuse it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sheen
    That's true. However, let's say the developer of that recently pulled Mario Sound App decided to go all the way, got lawyers involved and subpoenaed Apple for that reason of denial, Apple would have to come up with a reason. And I'm quite confident that they would do whatever they could to come up with a technical reason, any reason, that wasn't related to IP or copyright infringement.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazoowee
    it seems your confidence is unfounded. apple have removed product from the store for copyright infringement, and they have informed the developer that their product is infringing on another app.

http://codeminion.com/blogs/maciek/2...pple-appstore/

Interesting indeed.

I'm no fan of Apple, but they are doing things right and Mochi aren't.

If Apple can do it without spinning into a vortex of lawsuits etc, so can Mochi.

If something is a blatant rip off, it should get taken down, simple as that.

so,what's that?

That is about knowing who can you trust
    Its not the thing itself, but what it shows about the one who does it
    Like for example, once uppon a time mochi said it was not a games portal and didn't want to compete with portals
    Well, now they are.And they change without telling anything to developers
    So by now a lot of sites don't want games with mochiads inside, and i don't blame them.

Well, some portals didn´t accept mochi games (or any games for that matter which use third party apis for ingame ads or micro transactions etc) long before mochi started an own portal.
    I think it would be a cheap excuse to act as if it was due to mochi having an own portal, there are also various developers/companies like nitrome who have an own portal and still get their games on some of the major portals.
    I also think mochi announced having a portal at some point.
    Regarding the ads in general: Well, different people have different views regarding what kinds of ads are appropriate, i imagine its not easy to get such a big amount of well paying ads which are acceptable to just about anyone. I imagine they are working on constantly improving that, but yeah, if you don´t like the ads part you don´t have to use that part.
    Dunno mate, i know some of the mochi guys and i feel like you´re a bit harsh on them.

Well, some portals didn´t accept mochi games (or any games for that matter which use third party apis for ingame ads or micro transactions etc) long before mochi started an own portal.
    So we can expect that number to grow now?
    Off course they can make his portal, the way i see the problem is that before they made it very clear to publishers that they would NOT create a portal, that mochigames was not intended to be a portal and compete with others
    And that axe ad makes me sick.Its not like one advertgame targeting some audience, a lot of kids will see that.If one wants to make his site PG then here cames mochi and screw up with that.

I have no idea about what mochi talked with portals and neither have i seen the ad you're talking about, so i can't say much on those. I' m not sure about how the mochi system works regarding age ratings for ads, i think it would of course make sense that games rated for kids or all ages would only show ads fitting for these audiences, so i'll talk about that with the mochi guys when i talk with em next time.

I'm curious
    To determine whether a game is a derivative, a clone, or a rip-off, what are the legal definitions. Are there definite laws about these? If there are such laws it is up to the plaintiff, accused, and the lawyer to get a decree through due legal procedures. Moral values differ from person to person, but the law is same for everybody.
    Sorry I’m neither an attorney or a judge.
    Don't hate! Love!