A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with 3D

Help with 3D

Ive made 3D balls in photoshop and illistrator CS4 and when I import import to flash and try to make them spin (left right) it turns them 2D. How do I make them them 3D? What am I doing wrong?

Those two apps are for creating 2D artwork. If you want 3D, use the 3D tools or scripting in 3DFA. Or download Wings3D and create 3D objects with it. Then import your model into 3DFA.

Oh so those photoshop and illistrator CS4 are for making 2D images look 3D but they are still 2D Correct? Which do you use or think is better 3DFA or Wings 3D?
    Last edited by Ultrakd; 10-02-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Well to be blunt about it, even a 3d computer object is in fact 2d, there is no depth beyond the glass of the screen, but.........

....what you need is an actual 3d modeling program. I use anim8or, it free and works. I would easily do what you need done. You might als want to look into some tutorials on working with 3d, it's not the same as working with a program like photoshop, you will have to deal with making meshes, as well as textures, etc....

-J
    Last edited by zoranvedek; 10-15-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: eye kant speel rite

So does anim8or work in junction with flash?

You will have to make your models in amim8or and then export them as 3ds, then you can open them up in 3dfa.

-J

Ok so by using this program I should be able to make my marble, have it look how ever I want it then export it and be able to have it spin, correct?

should be yeah, not sure if 3dfa handles imported textures yet, but give it a shot, if not, export the frames from anim8or and then build an animation (frame by frame) in3dfa....

-J

I found the program Blender which is another 3D animator the "Anim8or", but I dont know which file format to save it in for flash to Accept it. Help!!

Export to .obj, .3ds, or .lwo., and then import into 3dfa.......