A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AS3 .fla and KM AS1

AS3 .fla and KM AS1

Hi there!

I am trying to add a 3d animation made in Flash CS4 (AS3) to my big project made in KM (AS1).
    The Flash CS4 .swf file contains only one frame and an actionscript3 rotation function.
    I tried to import with the import swf command but it seems that it doesn't rotate as the file rotates when I playback it independent using FlashPlayer.

Any ideas about how to import this file ?

I don't think this is gonna work. You can load AS1/2 into 3 but I don't think it will the other way around.

Ok, maybe I am realy dummy, but

I modified the Export settings to AS3 and after that I did load again the .swf file and stil does not rotate as it should be.

I just want the swf animation to be added in a movie clip.
    I click Import SWF or flash movie, Import as an object (the 2 options unchecked and One KoolMoves key frame for each swf frame) and then select the swf file.
    Does not work.

Am I doing something wrong ?

It's hard to say what you are doing wrong since loading one AS3 based movie into another should work fine. Bret is right about loading an AS3 based movie into an AS1 based one. That is something the Flash Player doesn't allow.

Well importing an existing swf is always iffy anyway, try loading as external movie (i.e. Via code) and it should work. There are examples of doing this if you search the threads.