A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Which Should I Get

Which Should I Get

What should I get? Should I get the Swift 3D Xpress or Free Spin 3D? I know there is a difference, Im just not sure what it is.......Help!!!!Please..

Free Spin 3D takes 3D files, *.3ds for instance, and converts then their mesh format using their web interface. It also has the built-in ability to allow for AS to be attached to it to allow for free-rotation. But you don't exactly get to create 3D within it but you can alter existing 3D files and textures within it.

With Swift3D Xpress, you can create 3D within it using its primitives as well as text to 3D within the program. The standalone versions of Swift3D allow for export using PaperVision3D that allows for mouse rotation/interaction; however I'll have to fire up my Swift3D Xpress to see if it allows it as well - I don't think that it did.

It matters on what you're wanting to do, truth be told. But to be honest, the standalone Swift3D v6 is a better option despite it taking you outside of the Flash IDE, but it can create, alter, edit, texture 3D files that either come from outside or created within and export out to *.swf, *.flv and PaperVision3D. And since I'm also a Mac user, Swift3D XPress doesn't yet support CS3 and CS4... bummer.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

With Swift3D v6 can I map my own pic. as a texture for a graphic?

edit: What I am trying to do is make a cracked marble for my logo. BUt I havent been able to make a 3D marble. I should be able to do that with Swift3D v6 correct?
    Last edited by Ultrakd; 11-23-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Yep, you can texture map as you wish, place it precisely as a bitmap texture, then move/fit as you need in the Advanced Modeler rather easily.

I just got my Swift 3d v6 now I just have to lear how to use it.

It's not that hard, but feel free to ask any/all questions.