A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with pop up menu

Help with pop up menu

I've been asked to modify this flash piece (CS3, AS2) and add clickable links to the pop up menu. For the life of me I can't get it to work, and my head hurts from searching the web top to bottom for an answer. I would attach the fla but its too large, but basically you scroll over a button, in this case a dot, and it triggers a pop up box beside it with a list of items. These are generated by frame identifiers, and when you roll over the box it goes away. I need it to stay there and make that list of items clickable ones. Hopefully I explained that correctly and someone can point me in the right direction... Thanks.

since you can't attach the fla, maybe paste in the code you use for the "rollover."
    Question, when should the pop up box go away?
    - Nick Stanziani

pls support: www.whowantsacookie.com

My site: pebcak

well thats the issue... like i said im modifying someone elses file, and the guy that originally developed it used very little code. the only real code he used was a basic rollover function to call upon a frame identifier so the pop up box to appear. heres the link to the site http://www.eproximiti.com/locations, when you roll over the red dots, i need that pop up box to not disappear, and the words to become links. thanks for the help.

if you could awser my original question I can help you with the code...
    Question, when should the pop up box go away?
    - Nick Stanziani

My site: pebcak

Sorry for the delay in response, things have been super hectic lately. As for when the box goes away, that should happen when you roll off the box or obviously if you click one of the links and follow it to another page. The problem again is that you cant currently roll over the box, so the ability to roll off isnt there, which is my original issue. So basically if you follow the link I gave, you'll see the boxes I need to be able to roll over the box, make the text links, and have the box disappear when rolled off. Hopefully I'm explaining this clear enough, thanks again for the help.

Make part of the 'menu box' completly overlap the movieclip that makes it display. Add the code to make it dissapear only to the rollOut action of the 'menu box'.
    here is the code:

PHP Code:
    mcMenu._visible false;

mcBtn.onRollOver = function(){

mcMenu._visible true;
    }
    mcMenu.onRollOut mcMenu.onRelease mcMenu.onDragOut = function() {

this._visible false;

see attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Nick Stanziani