A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anybody's hungry?

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar

Anybody's hungry?

Now my main problem is lack of studio light setup, so forgive my flatness sometimes

C&C are welcome as usual

And some more

I need new plates

BTW the noise levels are courtesy of the 1/3" CCD of the Canon G9, as of lately I'm too lazy to take the big guns around, specially in the kitchen with all the flying flames and oil

I like the set as a whole and it makes me really hungry .

The first photo would be great without the border I think. Either make them solid black or don't include them.

Then the next thing I noticed was the noise but see in your explanation as to the reason for it. But still I would suggest investing in one of those great little gorillapod tripods so you can bring it around the kitchen and use a longer shutter speed instead of boosting the iso. The food is stationary so you won't have to worry about motion blur.

Great little set and I'm aware that food lighting is a lot harder then you would think so I think you did a pretty decent job. Will be great if you can get some lighting with it to creative some depth. You don't even own a speedlite?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Nikonist
    the borders in #1...interesting and for me they are ok...
    ..the meat in #4 and #7 looks a bit 'well roasted' so to say and a No for cuisine book photography...

...all the rest in full agreement with WannaBe
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Nikonist
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Thanks a lot wanna and frexus, I realize the meat was too cooked, but like I said, I didn't cook it with the intention of photographing it, that said, I think I might get a low grade steak someday and sacrify it to the altar of photography, I have a gorilla pod as well Wannabe, it's just that the food smells too good and I'm too hungry by the time I'm pressing the shutter button plus I take about 6-10 pics of each dish from different angles and I need the fast movement without the handicap of a tripod, I need better lights, still hesitant about where to blow my next New year's/Birthday gift, a better camera, better glass, or lights, too many choices, not enough credit cards , so back to the noise level, I have to up my ISO to capture as much details with the weird angles I'm holding the camera at.

Not much of an excuse, I'll try using the 40D next time, might even set it on the tripod since I'm not moving around with it, and just wait for the food plates, might setup some lights I have as well and try different setups

Thanks for the link Frexus, I'm reading it, but have to finish Strobist.com first

Will probably post something tomorrow, with the new ideas and tips in my mind

BTW recipes are available upon request

I think all of the photos are great, to your point the flatness makes them non-appealing. But it sure makes me hungry.

Good work!
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads