A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: variation on infinite loop menu

variation on infinite loop menu

hi this menu is somewhat similar to the infinite scrolling menu that is often used except this one doesn't scroll based on mouse position but rather on which button is clicked in the nav.

i have an mc called 'menu01' in which there is an mc called 'menuslide' containing the series of buttons in the nav. when each button is pressed, i want menuslide to slide to the correct position (with that button flush left) and the button to slide down to highlight what page one is on. when another button is pushed, menuslide should slide to that position while simultaneously sliding up the highlighted button and sliding down the new button.

i 'sort of' have this working, but not quite.. i think the problem lies in how i have to shift the position of menuslide back to _x:0 when it gets to the end so that it looks like an infinitely looping menu. there also seems to be some conflict with the arch01 button as it doesn't slide down to highlight when it moves into position.

i have attached the fla if anyone has the time or inclination to take a look. there must be a simple way to accomplish this but i can't think of it. i could really use the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files