A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: google fading in

google fading in

Anyone else notice that google is just the logo and search box until you move and then it fades in. What's the point?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

they said it was about being minimalist, or something like that. Don't understand either

Homage to the good old days?

I guess they assume most people just use their keyboard when accessing google. I'd have to think most would be mousing over it, at the very least, just out of habit. Nice effect, but as you said ... pretty much pointless for most.

doItLikeThis
    Nice find, didn't notice it before. Maybe so that new people can focus on the main thing first... yeah some **** like that...
    -Aditya

That sure is a lot of custom minified JS for such a basic and minimalist look.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Minimalism. The final redoubt of the unimaginative. The fallout shelter of the bewildered American marketing executive.

"I want a home page like Google," last thing you hear before their phones are disconnected. If we're going to have a depression, can't we at least do it with a little panache?