A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Masking Is Not . . .

FlashPastYourEyes

Masking Is Not . . .

Greetings,

I read that movies that are embedded as swfs can show objects outside the movie area (in the staging area, so to speak. I created a big-ass white rectangle to cover the staging area AND the movie area. I cover every keyframe and make sure, of course, that this rectangle is in the "Masking" mode. It appears to work fine with my "Play Movie" button, but I still see things that are physically behind the white rectangle once I have embedded my swf in a webpage. The rectangle is set to full viability with no alpha componen in the color dialog box.

Any suggestions? Got any idea what I am missing? When does a "Mask" not mask, and why (or why not)???

Also, if someone could direct me to information that i have never been able to find. For example, I open a flv movie on the page and it locates (automatically) on every keyframe. Now, I want to fine-tune the positioning. How can I adjust the placement of this (or any other file) on every keyframe at once, instead of one-key-frame-at-a-time? I would be happy simply being directed to the answer. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Happy Holidays - FlashPast

Perhaps I don't understand, I just tried this, imported a swf and then applied a mask "smaller" than the full swf I imported and it worked as I expected, I only saw what was within the mask

Your second question I don't understand at all. What do you mean by the "flv locates automaticaly on every keyframe" ?

Super Moderator
    Put a rectangle over the imported swf and make the rectangle a mask with masking depth 1.