A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Images are resized - how to fix it

Flash Images are resized - how to fix it

I'm new in KoolMoves. I just put some images into project and I set it to be buttons, which would be played sound on mouse over. Then I exported it to swf in html page. It works great, but images in flash look like it would be resized - their borders doesn't meet each other in one point, but there are differences about one pixel. Smooth, round edges also has thresholds.
    Why it's resized, when in html file generated with swf is written:
    swfobject.embedSWF("file.swf", "file", "344", "441",......
    so there are exactly the same as width/height of flash project?

What's more, when I open alone swf file in any browser, images look strange like it would be compressed or some left most pixels would be copied or moved on right end of image. What the hell is that? I use web editor/creator that doesn't need java file, it need only swf file. But it looks poor. In html page generated by Kool moves looks good, but, as I said, images are bit resized so edges has threshold.
    What shall I do?

Super Moderator
    Do the images have motion script effects applied to them?
    Are they inside movie clips?
    Is their size off by a fraction of a pixel or 1 pixel?
    What Flash version is the movie exported at?

Re

Do the images have motion script effects applied to them?
    No.
    Are they inside movie clips?
    I don't know if I understand you correctly, but I guess, they don't. [/QUOTE]
    Is their size off by a fraction of a pixel or 1 pixel?
    I didn't resize them inside project. Their size isn't a fraction. Images are 1:1 size in project, and in preview too. Their edges looks to be resized only in exported file. None of them is outside project "page".
    What Flash version is the movie exported at?
    I don't know. It is at default version that Koolmoves (7.1) exports movies. How to check it out? My flash player version is 10.

Super Moderator
    KoolMoves tries to compensate for a flash player bug which may or may not still be present. Use File > Export Settings to see what flash player version is being used for the export. I suggest sending me the up/over/down state images for the one of the problem buttons -- support at koolmoves.com.