A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: automated e-card programmer

Westendartist

Question automated e-card programmer

Hi All,
    I'm a total newbie here at BigResource.
    I'm actually an artist who happened to stumble on flash and have been subsidizing my income with animation projects for some time.

My question, query, bane of my existence is the automation of my e-cards.
    Many many people ask how they can send my cards. Up to now I have been manually customizing cards. whew.

I would like to make the .swf files fully automated so people can fill out the "to, from, text message" and e-mail a notice to a customized animation.

Is there a generic code I can cut and paste? Beyond basic html code,(seen on my site) I will need to hire someone to write it, or help me. Barter is also and option.

My cards are very popular, and I can see them making a bit of $ if eventually people paid a buck to customize them, or paid for a membership but that's a whole other project.

Wracking my brain,
    Kim

It is possible depending on the method of storage and playback. Will the card be sent from your server to the receipient?

Sean
    Last edited by samac1068; 12-16-2009 at 10:09 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Westendartist

re: automated e-cards

Thank you for getting back to me samac1068. I was hoping you would as I've seen your suggestions in other threads.

I don't know the first thing about this so I would gather I would use my server.
    My bandwidth maxes out this time of year every year, and i have to temporarily upgrade my service for this month.

So each automated card sent would need space to be reposted?

sorry for my ignorance.
    Kim

Perfect. You are on track. You would just need a frame to host the new card. It is the same frame that each of your eCards will use.

I can explain each part we are work on the site...and I won't need any compensation, I just enjoy helping out....especially when there isn't a time limit.

One important question, does your server include a database. This is the best way to store the user's information. I assume it does, your site is very good.

Sean
    Last edited by samac1068; 12-16-2009 at 10:11 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.