A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with gotoAndStop() in Firefox

resolved Problems with gotoAndStop() in Firefox

Hello Friends,

I am working in Flash cs3.

I am loading an external swf ie (Flash Mx 2004 swf) and it has gotoAndStop(110). Its working fine in IE. But when i am trying to run the same html in Firefox, the position of the keyframes are randomly changing (i can't able to see 110 position, position is changing randomly). How to make this work in firefox.

Any help will be appreciated. I need a sol v urgently.

Regards,
    Rajesh

You problem has me confused. I've never heard of Flash altering the keyframing at random...come to think of it, I haven't heard of Flash altering the keyframes whatsoever. Can you clarify what the problem is? I've never experienced any problems within Flash with either IE or FF and I use FF most of the time.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

resolved

Thanks for your reply.

i will make you clear now.

I am working in flash cs3. so from flash cs3, I am loading an swf file (ie mx 2004 swf, and in this file i have used gotoAndStop(110) command).

Now after publishing, i am viewing the html in IE as well as in mozilla/firefox. When i am viewing in IE 7, i am getting the expected result. But when i am viewing in mozilla, i am seeing a random position instead of "110" keyframe.

I hope you are clear now. can you tell me how to make this work in mozilla and in IE 8. waiting for ur reply.

Rajesh

Quote Originally Posted by samac1068 View Post
    You problem has me confused. I've never heard of Flash altering the keyframing at random...come to think of it, I haven't heard of Flash altering the keyframes whatsoever. Can you clarify what the problem is? I've never experienced any problems within Flash with either IE or FF and I use FF most of the time.

So it is starting at random frames. Can you post a link, so I can see a demo.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.