A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar thread: don't click until you've seen it [Spoiler Alert]

Avatar thread: don't click until you've seen it [Spoiler Alert]

I'm just getting a thread started so spoilers don't show up in the oMovie thread. I'll be back on Sunday after I see it.

Im glad I went in expecting above avg. graphic and boring storyline. What I got was much much more than that. 9/10. (-1 for busting Michelle out of the sky )

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Future of Cinema was created, 3D or bust

a plot does always help though.

IMO it had a nice plot, not the most original of course -Dances With Wolves anyone??-

but the voice talents, the music and of course the awesome 3D sealed the deal for me and was a very much enjoyable experience, sort of going to a VERY decent Transformers or Marvel Comics movie, you're there for the inner child but this one was well implemented that it's scored high on the adult level as well

This has got to be one of the most visually beautiful movies ever made. While the plot and characters weren't too inovative, the setting (the planet, the human equipment and the na'vi) really made up for it. It's the kind of movie you watch to experience the world where the plot takes place rather than the plot itself. The plot is just a thread used to take you through all the plants, animals and landscapes of Pandora. Some people complain that you don't get to know the characters well enough (which is true for characters like Trudy), I didn't mind, because it meant that even the minor characters where deeper than depicted in the movie, and had a proper backstory.

All in all I gave it a 9/10. I also predict that Avatar is the end to the dark and gritty movies of the 00's and the beginning of visually beautiful movies in the next decade (the 10's).

I was skeptical at first but it is one of those movie that exceeds its own hype. It still has cliche story and douchey character design but overall experience overwhelm that.
    ..hired Bryan from Tekken for the part is also great casting!

100% skeptical, enjoyed it immensely. Plot was somewhat predictable, and the term "unobtainium" had me chuckling a bit, but came away with full enjoyment.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    the term "unobtainium" had me chuckling a bit, but came away with full enjoyment.
    The Norwegian subtitles translated that to "utopium", which I found even weirder.

Wow. Utopium? Now that's even cheesier, amazingly enough.

One cow army..OH NOES!
    Before watching it, I didn't like the city i live in....now I hate the planet im on!
    Tonight, i Hunt, i Feast and i breed!!

Best movie I've seen since LOTR. IMAX 3d gave me a headache but my ass wasn't the least bit sore which is always a sign of perfection. Loved it.

I loved it. Going to go see it again this week.
    I didn't enjoy the 3d though, was too close to the screen (4th row)
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

saw it a second time in Jakarta this week, gotta admit the 3D was the same like in Dubai but the Dolby Digital was MUCH better here in Dubai

I give it a 9/10. I played Halo 3 just before I watched it and I noticed how similar the helicopter things were.
    Syntax Error

Quote Originally Posted by moath86 View Post
    Before watching it, I didn't like the city i live in....now I hate the planet im on!
    lol
    This movie was just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    100% skeptical, enjoyed it immensely. Plot was somewhat predictable, and the term "unobtainium" had me chuckling a bit, but came away with full enjoyment.
    You do recall when it was mentioned first, No?

get online Burger King and lets talk

Already online.

The storyline may be average, but definitely much deeper and emotional than the much hyped New Moon was, unless you're a fan of Twilight's romance or a girl.

Loving Pandora immensely. I wish to visit the Na'vis to learn their language and touch those swirling plants that curl in whenever they're touched. Watching it in 3D is a new movie experience indeed, I swore I think the seeds of Eywa almost touched me, and the particles and dust were almost within grasp. It's Pandoramonium already.

Saw it in 3d and it was AMAZING. I was a little closer then I wanted but it was alright- but in the far left/side of my vision it was rainbowed and a little blurry. The lenses in the Dolby Digital set of glasses are way too small.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna