A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pixelated images.

Pixelated images.

I was viewing one of my sites I've made in Flash MX on a friend's laptop. All the images were so pixelated and blocky. The resolution's laptop was maxed at 1280x1024. His flash player's quality was set to "High". However, when I went back to my PC (1600x1200), and lowered the resolution to 1280x1024, the graphics maintained their proportion and smoothness; even at 800x600. Would this pertain to his graphics card? ..or am I missing something when exporting my *.SWF file? I set the quality between 85 to 100 and use *.PNG files.
    Last edited by En-TACT; 12-22-2009 at 11:26 PM.

What is the original size of the image that was imported into Flash? Is the image being resized in any way when placed onto the stage? What are the doc dimensions for the .swf?
    Posting a link to the site would give you a lot more eyes on the issue.
    EfV

Thanks for the reply...

The site is, http://www.saintcyrils.net/africa2010/ . The document size is 778x989. None of the *.PNG images are resized. I'm aware of that when it comes to imported images.

Images looked fine on my PC in IE, FF, and Safari. Tested at 1680 X 1050 and a bunch of lower resolutions also. Only problem was when viewed at 1280 X 1024 because of aspect ratio was not correct on my machine.
    Don't know what you tell you, looks fine to me.
    EfV

I also checked and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm using firefox and chrome

Arthur Cundy