A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1988: we know a recession is comming

1988: we know a recession is comming

In 2009 we all know climate change is detrimental and (has) will have catastrophic consequences.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Thanks god for recording cameras them

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform View Post
    In 2009 we all know climate change is detrimental and (has) will have catastrophic consequences.
    We do?

Please explain how you know this.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Since it is already happening. Ice in the mountains is melting and people will have water shortage, for example South America. Islands are disappearing because the sea level is increasing. Coral reifs are in danger because of acidic (CO2) water. The flora and fauna is changing in Europe. Heat waves in Europe are killing people already. Icebears are in danger. You sound like one of those Republicans who still don't understand what is happening where the rest of the world is aware. It is already happening.

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform View Post
    Since it is already happening. Ice in the mountains is melting and people will have water shortage, for example South America. Islands are disappearing because the sea level is increasing. Coral reifs are in danger because of acidic (CO2) water. The flora and fauna is changing in Europe. Heat waves in Europe are killing people already. Icebears are in danger. You sound like one of those Republicans who still don't understand what is happening where the rest of the world is aware. It is already happening.
    Do you think that mountain ice has never melted before?

Islands have never disappeared?

The sea levels have never fluctuated?

Coral reefs have never died?

Flora and fauna has never changed before?

People haven't died due to heat exposure?

You sound like someone who understands things to mean something that they don't.

I think a discussion with you or any republican about this topic is a waste of time. People like you are contributing that America is continues being hated in the rest of the world. I read it every day, of course not in US newspapers.

I think that a discussion with someone who can't support their position is likely to end just like this one.

Also, do you see how it might be a good way to come to faulty conclusions to not argue for something unless all participants accept the premise that you are right?

If you want to know what many people in the rest of the world are thinking, here it is what I read when the heated discussions were going on before the presidential elections: The Republicans are comparable to the Nazis. Those are well educated people who compared democratic governments in Europe with the Bush or Reagan government. After Kopenhagen it is still continuing. Americans, and I would not be as general but narrow it to those who call themselves Republicans, are seen as people who are selfish. Of course the Chinese government is currently not in a better light.

Whether you like it or not, it should give you a moment to think if the rest of the world is wrong or may be something with the US is not ok. Germany under Adolf Hitler also behaved in the same way: the others are wrong and Germany was right.

I'm sorry, but I don't consider anyone who compares Republicans to Nazis to be well educated.

Whether you like it or not, there are many people in the rest of the world that completely disagree with your position on this issue and do not see Republicans as people who are selfish.

I did not see that during the Bush years, may be that crazy British Prime Minister liked the US position and I did not see that after Kopenhagen. The US is an isolated country and after the bank crisis even hated more.

The US is hated because of the bank crisis? What a lark that is. It would have no affect on anyone else if they weren't investing in or doing business with us to some advantage.

Do those people also blame the US for them forgetting to tie their shoes?

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey View Post
    We do?

Please explain how you know this.
    Overwhelming scientific evidence brings this knowledge.

There are no longer any nationally or internationally recognized scientific bodies that deny manmade global warming/climate change.
    The last holdout was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists who changed their contrary position back in 2007 from one of denial to one of non-committal due to dwindling membership because, according to their President, Lee Billingsly, "The current policy statement is not supported by a significant number of our members and prospective members."
    http://www.aapg.org/explorer/president/2007/03mar.cfm

Furthermore, 97% of climate scientists agree on manmade global warming/climate change.
    http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

I think it's safe to say at this point that the tiny percentage of those who deny manmade global warming/climate change are in the same league as the tiny percentage of those who deny the Holocaust and those who still think the earth is flat.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Not one comment about the misspelling in the title!? Y'all slipping.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Rogue View Post
    Overwhelming scientific evidence brings this knowledge.

There are no longer any nationally or internationally recognized scientific bodies that deny manmade global warming/climate change.
    The last holdout was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists who changed their contrary position back in 2007 from one of denial to one of non-committal due to dwindling membership because, according to their President, Lee Billingsly, "The current policy statement is not supported by a significant number of our members and prospective members."
    http://www.aapg.org/explorer/president/2007/03mar.cfm

Furthermore, 97% of climate scientists agree on manmade global warming/climate change.
    http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

I think it's safe to say at this point that the tiny percentage of those who deny manmade global warming/climate change are in the same league as the tiny percentage of those who deny the Holocaust and those who still think the earth is flat.
    That's it? Those two links demonstrate to you that there is overwhelming scientific evidence? You really are a man of faith!

If there is overwhelming scientific evidence and those that disagree are in such a minority, why was one of the most influential AGW research groups compelled to pressure dissenters from peer review journals, manipulate and "lose" data?

Gotta love this. FL thinks the problem with investments is the investors.
    Do you think that Madoff was right to pull a fast one on those that bought into his ponzi scheme as well and it was the poor slobs fault for buying his crock of sh8

FL, why don't you link to some evidence indicating that global warming isn't happening. There is plenty of evidence and research indicating it is (if you can't find it on your own, start at wikipedia and look through the references there) happening, and LR has already linked to some papers which you dismissed without really explaining why.

Quote Originally Posted by Frets View Post
    Gotta love this. FL thinks the problem with investments is the investors.
    Do you think that Madoff was right to pull a fast one on those that bought into his ponzi scheme as well and it was the poor slobs fault for buying his crock of sh8
    How have I said that "the problem" with investments is the investors? I think that people who gain something from a relationship most of the time but get angry when there is a down year are laughable characters. Risk is a component to investing. Anyone who doesn't understand that really isn't ready to make investments. And anyone who is angry with the US for not profiting their country as much as they usually do should stamp their feet and demand that their respective governments sever all business ties with the US immediately. That will surely make them better off since they won't be attached to those irresponsible, greedy Americans who arrogantly go off to have financial problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoss.com View Post
    FL, why don't you link to some evidence indicating that global warming isn't happening. There is plenty of evidence and research indicating it is (if you can't find it on your own, start at wikipedia and look through the references there) happening, and LR has already linked to some papers which you dismissed without really explaining why.
    What links are you referring to? The links that LR just posted provide no evidence that global warming is man-made. They just assert that most people agree with them. In my view, all that indicates is a pattern of people having faith that it's true and pointing to others that have the same faith.

The burden of proof is on those who claim that global warming is man-made. I have looked into a lot of the evidence that has been provided and then read dissenting explanations of that evidence. I have found the dissenting explanations to be far more compelling and well sourced. Frankly, from looking at evidence, I've concluded that the case so far that global warming is significantly caused by man is junk science, the veracity of which would not be taken seriously in any other field that didn't have enormous political implications attached to it. It belongs on the shelf next to other junk-science-turned-marketing-trend like the low carb diet.

And why doesn't someone answer the basic, fundamental questions I already posed on the issue? If there are all of these convinced people around, surely someone knows what they are talking about, right?
    Last edited by FlashLackey; 12-28-2009 at 08:37 PM.

The first answer on this link is one of the most sober comments on the subject I've read.
    http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=610764