A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Editing Flash doc. - pls. help...

Editing Flash doc. - pls. help...

Hi - i have bought a XML Template (with source code) that also includes Flash docs.
    Any 'Macromedia Flash Pro 8' users pls. tell me how to edit a sample Flash doc. see image
    Any other appropriate tools advise also welcome.

I simply want to make 'Welcome' section bigger (highlighted in light blue box). The light blue box does'nt give me any option to make it bigger ?

Mave
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you want to resize that movieclip on the stage , you can either use the free transform tool from the flash ide, which looks like a dot connected rectangle with an arrow overlayed on it , or you can use the direct selection tool , the black arrow in the flash ide to select the movieclip , and then manaually enter a new height and width from the properties dialog. Assuming the clip has a instance name , you could target it with actionscript and size it at run time using the .width and .height properties of the stage object. With all that said , I would be surprised if just resizing the movieclip does what you think its going to. More realistically , expect to go into the code and reposition all of its internal elements to the new width and height.

Quote Originally Posted by AttackRabbit View Post
    If you want to resize that movieclip on the stage , you can either use the free transform tool from the flash ide, which looks like a dot connected rectangle with an arrow overlayed on it , or you can use the direct selection tool , the black arrow in the flash ide to select the movieclip , and then manaually enter a new height and width from the properties dialog. Assuming the clip has a instance name , you could target it with actionscript and size it at run time using the .width and .height properties of the stage object. With all that said , I would be surprised if just resizing the movieclip does what you think its going to. More realistically , expect to go into the code and reposition all of its internal elements to the new width and height.
    Thank you Sir. I'll give it a try. Once i've changed the FLA, i would then have to re-generate corresponding SWF file for it. B'coz this is the file that gets loaded in webHost. How do i generate SWF file ?

Mave

In the flash ide , go to file -> publish settings and make sure flash(.swf) is checked. Close that dialog then do either shift + 12 to publish your project , or do cntrl ( command ) + enter to export just the .swf file.

Can somebody pls. help me edit another Flash doc. ? I can send it as attachment.

Cheers - Mave