A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new here and new for swishmax nee help plz

new here and new for swishmax nee help plz

I am new for SwishMax .. I need help .

I am plaining for a presentation in swishmax but do not know how to start.
    how do i get intractive buttons . and how can i put the gotoAndPlay next sence or frame action to a button ..

if any of friend will help with a small sample . so that my start will be better.

hopw iwill get good responce here

thanks in advance

Hi,

it reads as you are already familiar with the product as you understand the terminology well.

Take a look at The My First Site screencast series on SWiSHzone
    http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?a...tab=screencast
    While the tutuorial was made for SM2 the same features can be found in SWiSH Max4

Frets
    Supermoderator

Ist of all thanks for your great responce:

Here I have shown a screenshot what actually I meant to make in swishmax:

in screenshot I have shown like 3 buttons on top and other on left side:

the above three buttons have indivaly linked to the side buttons and the side buttons indiviually liked to a picture as I have tried to described in the picture :

I want when the ist button is clicked on the top the other buttons with any name in the left side should be active and then indivally left side buttons are link with the pictures and same for other two top buttons .. hope i get succed in making my problem understand to you

Please provide me a small sample (*.swi)

your kindness

You need to study the suggested material more it explains targetting mc's

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar
    ...I think "mahii" has been given ample help over at SWiSHzone's forum already - http://forums.swishzone.com/index.php?showtopic=68819

wolf

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    This seems a bit harsh IMO. If he posted the same question in the same forum I could maybe see this being a defendable stance but as he hasn't, and has instead posted his question in an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FORUM how is this repetitive and worthy of negative rhetoric?

I know I have personally posted the same question on various things in my years in multiple forums that focus on the same subject so how does him being helped at Swishzones official forum have anything to do with him being helped here? As Swishzone houses an official Swish forum and has for years I'm as confused as the next guy why they have any forum here (I do believe it's the only third party that does...almost all others official forums ARE the Flashkit one) and just as curious to know why this guy is wrong in using FLASHKITS SWISH FORUM simply because of previous help at Swishzone?

We sit around scratching our heads wondering why Flashkit isnt as viable as it once was....maybe...just maybe... it's partially our fault.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn View Post
    We sit around scratching our heads wondering why Flashkit isnt as viable as it once was....maybe...just maybe... it's partially our fault.
    yes, maybe, or it has a bit more to do with increases in advertising over the years as the corporations who purchased the community try to actually profit from our postings.

Being an asset for a business is very different to being a place where like-minded people gather to share information and enjoy each other's company.

I'm as confused as the next guy why they have any forum here (I do believe it's the only third party that does...almost all others official forums ARE the Flashkit one)
    It's pretty simple really, we just needed more room (we have around 50 more specifically focused forums over there supporting more than ten different products) ...But there are still FK users who feel more comfortable here ...and traffic is traffic to the site owners (read asset rant above).

...and Chris, I don't see how posting criticism on an almost month old thread, without (apparently) seeing what has been offered to this user at the SZ forums, where many examples were provided for his perusal helps anyone.

dvidp
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    It's okay Dave, I don't really expect you to see how this stance is wrong and having it be the final post of thread, be it now or a month ago, MIGHT turn other users away from asking anything.

Good to see you btw. Hope all is well

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    thks all is well with me and I appreciate your asking. Hope it is likewise for you.

I do understand where you are coming, from but sometimes one can help a person too much, and sometimes typing is not good communication, too much is obscured or omitted for brevity.

This user did get a lot of samples that would help in the thread that wolf linked to above.

david
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.