A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hiring Actionscript Developer

Hiring Actionscript Developer

Hiring actionscript developer for a few hours to program a flash uploader that will be used by hundreds of thousands of people. Think swfupload.org. Email cammarata123@gmail.com for more details.

- Nick

Moved to the more suitable Flash Freelance Forum. Good luck on finding a good developer for what you want accomplished.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Is there a problem with SWFUpload? It's a great tool that is open source and free to use. Something like that isn't built in "a few hours". It has been worked on for years by a bunch of people.

he's a newb, but still... contracted small job, when work was done said he found something else and was going to try that instead, if that other thing didn't work out he'd come back and pay me for what I made.

not cool, I told him to go screw himself

at least it was small job
    I do not vow to know everything, and I can not guarantee what I say is correct. We are all learning, and I actually thank you the one with the questions for asking and stimulating my mind.

www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog, or contact me through my website. I'm always available for freelance work in Flex3/Actionscript 3.

how many times must I say it... the livedocs are your friend!
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/...l-classes.html

This encourages me to charge percentage of the cost upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Menzoic View Post
    This encourages me to charge percentage of the cost upfront.
    You should always do this. It shows a commitment from both parties. You're willing to finish the work to get the other half or whatever, and they're willing to actually let you finish without bailing since they've invested money into you.

If they bail, you keep what you've already collected. It's simple, and just how everyone does it. If a client objects, don't work with them. You're going to have a problem.

yep,

I almost always do so, but on a job that is only 2 hours of work or so to complete, I just didn't bother this time round. I was merely just doing it because I had a free 2 hours sitting around... but eh, it takes all types.
    I do not vow to know everything, and I can not guarantee what I say is correct. We are all learning, and I actually thank you the one with the questions for asking and stimulating my mind.

www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog, or contact me through my website. I'm always available for freelance work in Flex3/Actionscript 3.

how many times must I say it... the livedocs are your friend!
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/...l-classes.html

I have never charged up front, but I deal mostly face to face, or have some kind of referral or knowledge of the person. It's a sticky question. Personally I would never even respond to a query like this one, it just seems hinky to start with. Here's a tidbit I just heard about. Mc Donalds Restaurants have never had a contract with suppliers, it's all been verbal. Most of their suppliers have been with them for decades, no one has bailed on an agreement and McDonalds has never stiffed a supplier. Interesting.

None of us are McDonald's. Remember that. Who would want to bail on being a supplier for McDonald's? That's just silly.

Bail on McDonald's? You'd be safer bailing on the mafia...