A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading Random Images into slideshow???

Question Loading Random Images into slideshow???

HI Flash gurus - I need help, i am using a slideshow template that I purchased and I wanted to get the images to load randomly, I contacted the author but he wants me to pay him extra for this and I have no money left for this project.

basically, I'm looking to add a line to this as2 file that would make the images load randomly without repeating and then start over when the cycle completes. I tried putting in an array but it caused all kinds of errors.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

THX
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up Slight change.

I made some modifications. I used a system that almost ensures that you get random numbers, might look strange, but it works. I wasn't able to test it so it is up to you. I changed the constructor a little, you'll need to to pass the total number of images that will be supplied as the last parameters for the constructor. I've also added a couple of other variables and arrays and loops.
    Last edited by samac1068; 08-26-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Thank you so much Samac, do I need to input the image names somewhere? I'm getting errors reading "....simpleSlideShow/images/undefined.jpg" when I try to publish.

strange, it shouldn't give you that type of error. I'm assuming that your different images are named using numbers only?

You can place in a couple of traces to see where the error exists. I would place it on line 190
    PHP Code:
    trace("Array list is: " orderByArr); 
    You should get a list of numbers in random order.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

HI Samac - Maybe this will help, here is the fla. yes, the images are titled with #'s. Thanks!!!

I didn't see any fla attached. The size may be too large to load here. You may need to use a third party server to share your file. I use mediafire.com

sorry..attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oops, I forgot to instantiate the orderByArr variable. Here is the updated version.
    Last edited by samac1068; 08-26-2010 at 03:57 PM.

resolved

You ROCK, Thanks!