A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PHP developer

Exclamation PHP developer

dfgdfggdfgdfg

To apply click here...

pardon?

it's an autopost from www.Internet.com, a sister site to FlashKit (owned by the same company that owns FlashKit).
    I do not vow to know everything, and I can not guarantee what I say is correct. We are all learning, and I actually thank you the one with the questions for asking and stimulating my mind.

www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog, or contact me through my website. I'm always available for freelance work in Flex3/Actionscript 3.

how many times must I say it... the livedocs are your friend!
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/...l-classes.html

They got me

I signed up out of curiousity

This bot is getting annoying and just spoiling the freelance section.
    Nearly all it's recent posts are non informative (especially this one :-D)

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mesmerize View Post
    This bot is getting annoying and just spoiling the freelance section.
    Nearly all it's recent posts are non informative (especially this one :-D)
    I'd suggest that instead of complaining, donate enough money to cover their extremely high bandwidth and server bills every month. Then we could ditch the ads too! Be thankful there is even a Freelance forum here. It was fought for in the first place.

Thumbs down

Did I say 'ditch the ads'?
    No.

I said that 'the ads are crap', this ad is made up of nonsense and is using 'the precious bandwidth' you mentioned. They should at least make them useful.

And don't give me that 'you should be thankful', Animal Farm guilt trip, garbage. I'm entitled to my opinion and free speech, especially when the ads are as stupid as this.

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    I was just expanding on your point with ditching the ads to show that the statement can't be resolved simply. It's a frustrating matter for other reasons that are being discussed behind the scenes.

Our job is to keep the community in order. We know nobody likes them, it has been voiced to us, admins are aware and the owners are aware.

I personally don't know how else this solution could be improved upon. They are auto posted from freelance.internet.com. There isn't a screening process before posted, and I don't even know how exactly it's tied in. It has to be randomized.

The only real solution is to completely remove the bot. Yes, that'd be great for us users, but absolutely terrible for whoever (ownership has bounced around a few times, and I've lost track) fronting the bills. The sole purpose of this forum for them is to generate revenue from their dedicated freelance site. This isn't a site meant for people's source of income, just a fun benefit of being a member and being able to hone your skills to earn a few bucks, or to have someone help you out for a few bucks.

You are right, this is your opinion and flexing your free speech muscle, but at the same time, you are not in control of this site. Enough people complaining about something, and it can get removed. I know everyone is on the edge of keeping this section alive anyways since this area is problematic as is.

Maybe I'll talk with the mods about actually moderating posts from their sister site to avoid getting posts like these. I do agree that they are silly and pointless, but the only way I can see it being taken care of is to actually have man power to filter out problems.

resolved

Thanks for understanding and good luck with solving it.