A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with Website layout

Hybrid View

Question Help with Website layout

Hey I've been working on a Website for my cousin and his company for a few months now. I did the design and laid it out myself. It looks spiffy when you open it in Firefox everything is aligned properly and looks great, but when you open it using IE or other browsers it looks like a mess. I wonder what the problem is... is there anyone here who have a few minutes to look at it and help me out. Its probably something very simple and easy to fix.
    here it is
    http://completerealtyservices.com/openrealty/index.php
    the Find Property box is what i need help leveling out and making it look better. as you can see I had to abbreviate the check boxes so they fit on one line. but when you open it in Internet explorer they split down on two lines.
    Please help me
    Thank You

The easiest fix would probably be to change the widths of your table cells to 120 instead of 100. I'd also recommend running a spell checker on the site.

thanks, the spelling is not that important right now, i need to make it look good first. But did you see what I was talking about?? have you opened it in both firefox and internet explorer?

Get the spelling in the Find Property check box area corrected first, it will make a difference in the length of the words.
    Use wider widths than 120 (which is current width) for the cells with long words, since they don't fit and narrower width for "Land". That's where most of the available space will have to come from. Start with left most cell and get correct width (test in both browsers) then work you way to the right.
    Eliminate all cell padding in that table if needed.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com