A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What do you want when you die?

What do you want when you die?

David's post over in the ad thread about the corpses being moved trigger a thought- What do you want done with your body when you die?

I honestly could care less if they just threw my body into the garbage. I would only be mad because they wasted my body when it could be used to donate organs to those in need or some science experiment. Otherwise I don't care- I'll be dead.

What about you all? Do you actually care? What do you think about those that aren't willing to donate their organs for those in need or science?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Ted Williams all the way.

I'm pretty fine with them harvesting all they can, to be honest; it's not like I'll be using it any more: Why keep it?

As for other people, I'm not completely sure where I stand. It's not my business what other people do with their bodies but, from any discussion I've ever had on the topic, everyone just seems to feel a bit uneasy giving away parts such as the corneas and skin because they make up such a big part of who we are (aesthetically speaking, at least).

I've also heard one or two objections from people taking a religious standing on donation. I'm not sure if that's even anywhere in their scriptures and the idea of someone walking around in the 'afterlife' without their skin makes me laugh but I should think the caring and giving side of their religion should always come first, right?
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

After they find any organs that are still worth a damn - liver ain't gonna make it - then cremate me, spread my ashes into the ocean.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

They take the organs, burn me, than put the ashes in a rocket to infinity or military balloon with all my friends and family signature

That's the best I can do for this cool and awesome puppet.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    i want to be compost ...either put me through a big shredder, mix me with some kitchen scraps, some lawn clippings and finally put me into a big worm farm

...or dig a 12 foot post hole, slip me down vertical and shovel dirt over top until there is just enough space for a nut tree seedling.

davidp

[addendum] I don't necessarily think recycling organs is the way to go...we have enough people, and don't need to preserve them like we do rare species. I like the carbon banking involved in composting.
    Last edited by david petley; 01-18-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: addendum
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

I want my organs used in direct defiance of whatever the prevailing unpopular political view at the time is. The rest, mulch.

I ever died I would like to have my body launched into the sun.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Harvest what you can, burn the rest and take my ashes on one last skydive...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

load me into the next Deep space probe... Peace out milkyway.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by tidenburg View Post

I've also heard one or two objections from people taking a religious standing on donation. I'm not sure if that's even anywhere in their scriptures and the idea of someone walking around in the 'afterlife' without their skin makes me laugh but I should think the caring and giving side of their religion should always come first, right?
    the funniest thing in the entire world, is that God himself invented the art of taking one body part from someone and giving it to someone else.

Adam donated a rib to Eve. its in the bible, so clearly it must be a good thing.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I just want know that my family are taken care of. As for the rest shove me in a cardboard box and dump me somewhere.

Tommy`
    Put in a garden to be used for fertilizer