A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Joomla Used ---Flash Preffered

Tommy`

Question Joomla Used ---Flash Preffered

Guys,

I hope your new years has been well!

I usually use Flash when designing my site/s but I wanted to add CMS to my site.

So, I chose Joomla and just got it up and running this month the link is here

It works but I would rather use a Good Flash CMS. Do any of you have any suggestions on a good Flash CMS?

I read one that The FWA is a CMS but I could not find any info on it

I really appreciate any help,

Thanks,
    Tommy

Since this is your first post and it's in the lounge.
    Welcome to the lounge the place for off topic discussions, and link removed, As I hate it when someone spams on a first post. If you want a critque we have a site check forum and if you want to show off we have a member sites forum.

You want a flash CMS?
    Build it, I did
    After you find yourself stroking code for three and you have a finished project you'll find the limitations of flash cms. That being the less then seo freindly natire of the beast. Flash first and foremost is clientside. While you may be able to hardcode a keyword into an swf it's not like you can drop a keyword from a db thru middleware and have it read by googlebot. It just doesn't work that way.

Joomla is nice but not exactly brain surgery to install, It's also not that flexaible

Tommy`
    Was not spamming or looking for a critque, was looking for information.

Thanks for the info.
    You are bit harsh for some odd reason but thanks any way.

Tommy

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Joomla is quite flexible, but you need to plan. I've got joomla sites getting a million plus hits a month, without any problems.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Tommy`

You are right.

Napalm,

You are correct about joomla. I really like flash and the rich media it offers and was curious if any of you guys have used a good Flash equal.

thanks alot for your post.

I don't ever think I've seen Joomla fully integrated with Flash/Flex. But I have seen Drupal alongside AMFPHP with Flash integration to make a "Flash CMS". To be honest, I've used Joomla but I just don't quite like it.

Weird taxonomy and hell to make a module that does more than the framework is allowing sometimes.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

SQL Query in Wordpress(cms) are easy to make and with swfadress on top and amfphp in the middle... flash can kick some ass.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Joomla... Drupal... Flash... My head is going to explode!

If you want something to interface with a Flash site, the best way it to just suck it up and build something from scratch for it. PHP is easy enough that you can pick it up pretty quickly to do some pretty complex stuff with no effort. Flash is such a dynamic beast that it's nearly impossible to make a CMS work for you, you end up working around the CMS.

And last... do not build your CMS with Flash. You'll regret it after the first hour. Just... don't.

And for the love of God, do not use Joomla or Drupal either.

Easy there django man. Some people need to choke on Joomla first before they learn. I agree on the flash cms though. Why in gods name would you put yourself through that?

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Hey, I never mentioned Django once. At the basic levels, PHP is fairly simple. In my opinion, it's much easier to start off right learning instead of learning something that is a mess.

Don't harsh on dude's dreams man. He can pull it off...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Tommy`
    Well in the end I think I will take all your guys advice and just stick with Fash as I have always done. Starting from scratch and building from there. Its the best way to do things my way.

I only used Joomla because of "whats this syndrome" and I don't like it at all

Appreciate all your thoughts,

Tommy