A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Whats wrong?

Banned

Whats wrong?

hello,

I just uploaded my first video form my Canon HV20, which i've had for 2 months but havent done anything due to a faulty firewire, got one off amazon for €5 and it works perfect

the video i uploaded is just a tester, it says HD but it doesnt look HD really. Looks very blurry or something. Im using adobe premiere pro cs3, i exported it using media encoder to 1280x720, but it was captured in 1440x1080.

Soniktechnologies

When you say "captured" are you talking about downloading the raw video file onto your computer? Well if it was shot at 1440 X 1080, it may not be high def. That's the aspect ratio for standard def (4:3).
    To export as 1280 X 720, you are changing the aspect ratio to 16:9. When you render or "export" the video there should be a number of other parameters or setting that also affect the output quality. You didn't mention any of those so it's hard to give a complete analysis.
    My advice.. First, determine the final output before you start...DVD, Web, or what.
    If you want HD, shoot the video in HD and do not change the aspect ratio or framerate at any time during the editing process.
    But keep on doing just what you are doing now...practicing.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

Banned
    Hello,

Thanks, for your post and your advice dear.

Soniktechnologies