A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: next weeks apple event

next weeks apple event

what do you all want to see come out of it?

I'd love to see a 4G iphone hit verizon. I actually really like my ipod touch and would love the addition of the camera/gps
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I keep hearing all the rumors about the 4G and Verizon coming out in June and I'm in the market for a phone right now.

I either get a Droid with Verizon and wait for the 4G or get a 3GS with AT&T right now.

No matter what is announced, people will be disappointed.

An update for the the iPhone platform, an announcement about the newer iPhone with dual-core CPU or something... multi-tasking... and a whole lot of boredom.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Or maybe it's about some sort of amazing tablet that changes the way we think about laptops, e-readers, newspapers, magazines and the internet.

But no, you're right, it'll probably just be a dual-core iPhone.

After reading around I think next week will be the tablet and they'll wait till june to announce the iphone. which sucks because i'd love a new phone sometime soon.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

there exclusive agreement with at&t doesnt end till june so no point in announcing a verizon phone Iphone till then.

im always underwhelmed by these apple conferences, its always the same **** with a tiny change that should be been in the original to begin with.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Doesn't anyone know if this will be streamed on quicktime and an official time slot?

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    Doesn't anyone know if this will be streamed on quicktime and an official time slot?
    Haven't done that for ages, I think the bandwidth kills it. It's normally available to watch online or download from iTunes the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by asheep_uk View Post
    But no, you're right, it'll probably just be a dual-core iPhone.
    While that would be amazing, I don't know of a dual-core chip they can put in a phone, so I doubt it. It'll still be interesting to see what they announce.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoss.com View Post
    While that would be amazing, I don't know of a dual-core chip they can put in a phone, so I doubt it. It'll still be interesting to see what they announce.
    ARM Cortex A9 could be a probable suspect. The Cortex A8 is used now in phones like the Nokia N900 for instance.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Wow, that's pretty cool! I love how ARM processors are getting more and more popular, even for larger devices like netbooks and (maybe) tablets. Hopefully they will replace the dated x86/64bit processors.

Predictions:
    Announcement of the end of AT&T exclusivity later this year (announcing it early would have a chilling effect on android handset sales on other carriers)
    iPhone OS 4.0
    Tablet thinger (Engadget already has what look like legit pics)
    Publishing platform for ebooks
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Anyone have a decent link for live updates?

http://live.gizmodo.com/

They (Gizmodo) seem pretty certain that a Tablet is going to be announced. Would be fun if that wasn't the case

I've never owned a single piece of Apple technology, but I'm kinda excited now. Anyone else following the liveblog?

I have been checking out Engadget and Gizmodo. I only own and ipod touch because I got it for $40 off someone. Otherwise apple is to rich for me

Yeah, Lots of friends have apple products, but they are too expensive. I'd rather pay half the price for a laptop with Windows 7, and I'd much rather have a phone that I can hack and play with, even if it's not multitouch (or touch at all). I seriously doubt I'll ever need a tablet. I just can't see what the use of one is.

I have the ipod touch and it's jailbroken- opens it up quite a bit.