Hello all, I don't know much at all about Servers and Connections in general, so I don't know if my plan is workable. I got this idea from playing a game on Garena, which creates a LAN connection between people from different countries...

First the premise:
These computers will not be connected in anyway, other than that they have internet access. They might even be using a dynamic proxy because of lousy ISP (like me).

The connection at most will be 1-5 users talking to each other.

The user would probably also have to install some platform. Like PHP and Apache, Python, .NET Framework, Java, etc.

How this will work out is that, a user will designate himself as a server host. He will put up his IP address on a secure messaging board, so that people can connect to his game. The server language [eg Java] will connect to the host, and relay messages to Flash using a socket connection[?].

Because I cannot maintain or afford a server, so I'm thinking this might work as an alternative? I do have a free MySQL hosting account, I'm thinking of using it to temporary store IP addresses of those hosting for people to connect to.

Is it feasible? I also noticed Adobe Stratus, which seemed to be an easier solution.

Please forgive my noobness if everything I said seems to be really straightforward, I don't really know much at all...