A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Edit Transparent FLV file

Edit Transparent FLV file

I have a transparent flv file and I want to edit the file and use it in Flash. I tried to convert the transparent flv file to another video format, just to edit it. But whenever I convert the flv file, it does not remain transparent. I even tried ***** plugin to import flv file in Premier. But this also shows me a non transparent file. I am confused on how to edit transparent flv file and get transparent flv file as a result.

Please help me with this.

Thanks
    Smile is a small curve which can solve big problems

You may need something like After Effects in order to retain the alpha channel. When you open the file in After Effects you'll get the option of retaining alpha channel or not.
    But since that feature is a fairly high level effect, I'm not sure if there are very many other, less expensive programs that can do it.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

And I prefer 2 use Macvide FlashVideo Converter(4 Mac OS) as it's rly fast tool!

Thanks for your comments, but do you really understand the question of the first post? How to "Edit Transparent FLV file". This is video which includes an alpha channel.
    This is not just a "convert video" issue.
    So if you are not spamming, I apologize, but there are a few spammers out there who sort of spoil it for everyone else.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

I also found such a powerful tool and it's name is Flash To Video Encoder!

you can try to get a flv importer for adobe premiere to import flv file into Premier to try again, Adobe Premiere can keep the transparent.