A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tuesday morning rant

Hybrid View

Tuesday morning rant

So this girl I have known since high school has ALWAYS had the best luck when it comes to thinking of wanting to do something and having it just work out.

To make a long story short she has just had LOTS of things just fall into her lap. Currently she is in mexico for the next year with a place to live, a car, and a full photo studio at her disposal. Her plan was to move out west but those plans fell through and literally within 3 days of those falling through someone offered her that gig in mexico. She isn't a professional photographer by any means she just dabbles in it here and there like I do so it's not like she has much to offer the women down there.

What triggered the rant though was a call from her last night:

"So I have a little lighting question....sooooo we have these 2 strobes here....ummm I think they're profoto or something but we can't get both to go off at the same time"

That brand of lights are THE professional brand. They are the best you can buy- with a price tag to show for it. You shouldn't even be able to touch those sorts of lights unless you know how to work with lights.

Very frustrating when people just get stuff handed to them all the time with little to no effort.

</rant>

So what's pissing you off this week?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

you know that old saying who the **** do i have to blow to get a trip to mexico around here?

thats where it came from.. girls that just had things(horny guys) fall into their lap

things with me are actually pretty great now, i moved out of my ****ty apartment into this new place(it has quirks but wtf ever i have hot water again) since quitting the weekend job i have spent the weekend out in providence, went to the museum for the first time in ages(armed and dangerous exhibit larpers ftw) and this weekend im heading down to white plains to dress up as the karate kid and party with college girls.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

So Silver how much did those fancy lights end up costing you and when are you planning to open a dollhouse in Detroit we could sure use one.

Wannabe don't be bothered by the successes or failures of those immediately around you.

The truth is you could pack some money away and start up a business of your own for very little down. You of course would be in debt up to your arse have to hustle every day to pay off that debt and live on ramen noodles. Sometimes being the out of towner starting up is a better deal then the local boy does good story. No one is going to hand you a job and hand you a business. If you want the elusive fruit you have to go out on a limb to get it.

I would have asked her to send the lights to me so I could investigate them closer... or ask for a plane ticket.

Some things you need to have your hands on to solve.

Anyway... my Tuesday rant. I just found out a series of payments that were due last week will be pushed off until sometime next month or so because... well, nobody checked the contract and despite working with them for years, they won't budge.

I'm ****ed.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

That's what i hate about Contract work.
    Come hell or high water all the employee's including billing get a paycheck when expected. When you are a contactor there is always some nutcase will try to monkey with you.
    Contract work is not a job for shallow pockets.

I've done it for 11 year, so not really a surprise.

Just sucks when I'm still getting my head somewhat back above water; last half of 2009 was brutal. 2010 is looking up.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I would love to go down there and visit. I'm not sure if I want to try to fly or turn it into a road trip. Possibly sometime in July I hope- end it with Camp Bisco. Just make it 1 big vacation for the year.

oh well tuesday hasn't ended on such a bad note. Might try another self portrait tonight if I get bored enough. Watching Location Lighting with Drew Gardner. Crazy production level stuff.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I have a 8month rant, but it's too much effort to type it all out.
    Lets just say I hate privileged people.