A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flex tree "onready" function

Flex tree "onready" function

Hiya, I can expand my flex tree after it has loaded with the use of a button, but I'd like to do this automatically. I have the actionscript that will expand it, but I'm not sure how to trigger it. The tree is created from an xml generated by php, so it takes a second or so before it is ready. Does the tree have a "I am ready" attribute that I can listen for to initialise the expand function?

Many thanks.

Dave

FlexEvent.DATA_CHANGE should work for you, but what you could do is create a bindable variable and then use the ChangeWatcher.watch() and then have a responder run code to open the tree.

I did an faq for a company that used a tree and this is how I did it. I also added in URL Kit so you could save the opened node as a URL variable allowing the user to bookmark the page with the tree open to a specific node.
    The Early Bird may get the worm, but the second mouse to the trap gets the cheese...

Gohloum, I haven't had a chance to go through any of your answers yet (you've replied to at least 3 of my questions) - I'm not ignoring you. I'm back on this stuff next week so really look forward to having a go. In the mean time, can I just say thank you so, so much for all your help!! SWF filesize one in particular looks fantastic, so ... THANK YOU!

Hey, no worries... The forums are here to assist and it's rare I have time to stop in and post... If anything I've posted helps, then job well done for me, which is all I desire.

keeping it real = keeping it humble
    The Early Bird may get the worm, but the second mouse to the trap gets the cheese...