A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: C.A.P. -- Character/Design

Girl concept sketch #3

With an ever so slightly altered costume design:
    A hand bag (which i might add is a bit smaller than i was going for) instead of a backpack?
    Pony tails re-styled.

Unfortunately, I couldn't fit the legs in.
    I added color so as to bring up some discussion about what colors to decide on for a final character design.

(imagine Lauradot's tartan (by the way laura, it's the correct spelling) texture for the skirt ;P)

and just to be on the safe side.. i hope some people don't think i'm out to hog all the character design responsibilities for myself, cause i'm not ;P
    These are just my contributions and are in no way considered the final cut.

I also have to add that these sketches where not intended to be traced and used in the final production, although you could if you wanted to, but like I mean, the way i thought of it was that they're just concepts for others to refer to while creating an animated version of it in flash or something. At least that's how thought it went.
    (this message wasn't meant to discourage anyone from tracing the sketches for use in flash)
    [Edited by 5th on 01-07-2001 at 01:55 AM]

Here's my attempt at lazers!!

[swf width="240" height="100" background="#FFDB5A"]http://www.geocities.com/thundachunk/lazeraction.swf[/swf]

Get the source here..!

official system error
    5th you draw very well!!
    I'll trace her and make some kind of animation
    byebye!

Ian424
    my laser attempt (its a little messy, i'm not too good with lasers )
    [swf width="225" height="200" background="#FFFFFF"]http://www.geocities.com/flashtheatre/CAPlazer.swf[/swf]

Theres a little grey arrow that continues through the movie, i stopped it at key points in the animation.

[Edited by Ian424 on 01-07-2001 at 06:18 PM]

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    Originally posted by sanman Regarding the concept sketch provided by CNO for the monster, do you think you could come up with something like that, animated in Flash? Think of the monster swatting at stuff, or breathing fire, stomping thru the city, whatever. [/B]
    Here's something I was working on about a month ago for kicks...
    [swf width=250 height=200]http://pages.prodigy.net/rwarnold/swf/zilla_flick.swf[/swf]

Lasers

Wow, both of those lasers are great looking. Nice work, the both of you.

[swf width="450" height="300" background="#FFFFFF"]http://www.geocities.com/neutrinodesign/animtest.swf[/swf]

Here's one of those motion tests I mentioned. Only 4 frames - the actual animation would have a few more in-betweens, and the color is off - just thrown in so I can see how the action will look.

Also keep in mind that it should be running at 15 FPS right now - if it's going a little fast, it may be that 5 plugin speed throttle issue.

hi !
    nice work CNO !
    may i suggest a darker green ? =) (picky, i know)

i tried to trace the 5th's girl
    here it is, sorry for low detail

[swf width="550" height="400" background="#FFFFFF"]http://www.akaneko.com/fk/girl2.swf[/swf]

Wow Akane! That's a really good trace...and the coloring too

cno, the moster looks good...i agree with Akane, the color needs be darker...the light greem makes it look like an over friendly dragon...unless it's supposed to be a friendly dragon...@_@

Sorry if the link for the source didn't work, that's geocities for you I'm afraid, I've now made it a zip, so if you want the code to play about with, it's here..

[swf width="240" height="100" background="#FFDB5A"]http://www.geocities.com/thundachunk/lazeraction.swf[/swf]

[swf width="275" height="200" background="#000033"]http://www.geocities.com/thundachunk/monstermash.swf[/swf]

Above is my attempt at explosions...

Ignore the monster, it's just an example.. Look more at the explosions... Do they work..?!

Originally posted by CNO
    ...and the color is off
    Just to clarify.

The original colors will probably be closer to the concept sketch I posted in the other thread, otherwise, I'll let someone else deal with the color and focus on animation. Besides, we don't have an official color palette yet, and probably won't until the look of the scene is established.

[swf width="275" height="200" background="#FFDB5A"]http://www.geocities.com/thundachunk/Bigrobot.swf[/swf]

Robot... Thing... Um,

Originally posted by ThundaChunk
    Ignore the monster, it's just an example.. Look more at the explosions... Do they work..?!
    Nice explosions, Thunda. I think some work is being done on the missle trails, but I could see these all happening then culminating in a giant explosion.

Might be funny to cut away to a giant atomic-bomb style explosion overhead shot of Tokyo (similar to opening of Akira) then cut to girl, rather than showing the fried monster - let the impact be implied.

What other characters will be in the production? I'd like to do more concept sketches.

official system error
    Good job Akane!!!

Hey Thunda,

Cool explosions! I dunno if there's some way to make them look bigger and more elastic looking (think of your favorite violent cartoons)

Nice robot too, even though it's not in the plot. A shame to waste all this neat stuff that people are coming up with.

Gee, we ought to do these shorts all the time! Just to see what we all can come up with, for story animation purposes.

We should just keep regularly doing these shorts, so that people can express themselves and hone their skills at the same time.

Neat stuff!

i did a trace, but akane beat me to it. oh well. I guess I'll try to do my scene, I was thinking about.

thx !
    but i'd like to see all the trace that you or others have done
    cause, i won't have time enougth to do all the traces, and it's good to train together and discuss about that =)

Originally posted by timotheos
    i did a trace, but akane beat me to it. oh well. I guess I'll try to do my scene, I was thinking about.
    Hey Timotheos, please post it!

You know, this board is reminding me of these anime fanart boards, where people post their own anime art, for others to comment and critique. Except we're taking it to the next level -- Flash animation! Woohoo!

This is a nice new trend which should be maintained. I think the idea of publishing their work in a finished short, is what's giving everyone extra incentive to contribute.

Which means we should keep doing short after short after short!