A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: C.A.P. -- Character/Design

Here'a a sketch i made in my ap physics class and ap english classes...aka my drawing periods...

comments? (i know it's a bit late...but i've been having scanner probs...gomenasai)

Looks great, Fiery. Love your drawing style. We need you to come up with some shoujo parody concepts now for the next scene.

the hands are really messed up...dunt look at the hands...pretend she's handless...the hands you see aren't hers...they belong to some monster that's invisible pretending that its hands are her hands... @_@

The Claw... the CLAAAW..

Sorry.

Looks v nice.

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    Originally posted by fierystars
    the hands are really messed up...dunt look at the hands...pretend she's handless...
    In a very early issue of the Heavy Metal magazine (late 70's), there was a short comic that stuck unwanted in the cobwebs of my mind...

Crudely drawn in sketchy b/w ink, it shows some Gothic horror of woman on a throne demanding for some man-slave to be brought to her. The man dragged up is some studly type, except he has these 8-inch fingernails!! The gothic-queen woman freaks out!

"His,hands, by Jhordazz, his HANDS!!"
    "Cut them OFF!!"

...and of course, this being the magazine known for gratuitous gore, the hands are severed and the man dragged away...

"I will not have these BARBARIANS with such hands here!" screams the gothic queen. Of course, it was plainly evident the whole time that the woman had grotesque 10-inch nails, herself....

Nice work Laura, I love the cat, I think it should be green. Personally I find green kittens to be the most appealing visually..

I've seen too many kitten based flash games involving kat-a-pults and the like, I was expecting the kitten to run into the road and end up a flat, 2D mess, or some tentacle/claw to come out of the drain and pull it underground..!!

Ah well...

Hmmmm. I'll start work on a mock up transformation sequence for the big robot..!!

Cheers.

John

Poor Kitty..

*g*.. as you wish..

Watch the cat die.. :-o

Well, theres something I did in five mins or less..

Re: Poor Kitty..

Originally posted by Lauradot
    *g*.. as you wish..

Watch the cat die.. :-o

Well, theres something I did in five mins or less..
    Ohhhhh nooo!! The cat met it's doom!! That's so sad!

Cool animation though, I like the comedy there, as the cat stays frozen as it gets grabbed.!

We still need a shared .fla file for the scroll though, I keep saying this but no-one's listening, so I'll just make one up, and if people want to use it they can, or someone can come up with a better one..

Ah well..

Here's the scroll..

[swf width="200" height="70" background="#FFd03b"]http://www.geocities.com/thundachunk/bigscroll.swf[/swf]

Click the link for the zip.

http://www.geocities.com/thundachunk/scroll.zip

It contains the .fla if you want to use it!!

Cheers

John

Check my latest robotic developments here..
    [Edited by ThUnDaCHuNK on 01-15-2001 at 09:25 AM]

The reason there has been no .fla for the scroll thus far is because the role and perspective of the scroll is expected to change in each scene, each shot. Therefore, it makes no sense to have a single scroll image, as it will have to be drawn in relation to the character it is interacting with.

Beyond the Sea

ah...

but, what does the scroll look like while your character is holding it? I like TC's scroll above. I could see a character holding that and running with it. Sure, each animator will have the scroll doing something different, but without a consistent design for the scroll, it'll be goofy.

Rich

ps. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm working on the backgrounds...sheesh...

You're right. Didn't mean to come off as abrupt as that - if everyone agrees, we can use this as the design for the scroll.

Just want people to focus on rough sketches right now for the sake of an animatic rather than doing finished animation work which may have to be cut down later anyhow. At least with a well-timed animatic, we can begin music production while finished drawings are being produced.

As a matter of fact, I can see that scroll fitting quite well into the theme we had begun establishing, where as the scroll is unrolled further, it reveals some new aspect, building toward a crescendo - the "Secret of the Scroll"

Hi there... The scroll was only a 5 minuite job, just as an example.. I sure someone can come up with something better..

It was just an idea of what could be done, and it's all I can do while I'm at college, since I don't have a scanner.. I can only translate sketches into flash with a mouse.. I don't have all the expensive equipment, yet, so this is the only format I can offer...

Ah well.. What's happening with the Godzilla type creature and the plane/robot transformation..?

Has anything been discussed in the chat that hasn't been posted on the main FKCAP thread..?

Cheers!!

John

I think you're overestimating the power of IRC... Everyone seems to have lost enthusiasm for it.. I pop in occasionally.. Hello Sanman..
    But yeah. The crowd has thinned out.. at least at the times I'm there.

LAURA, Maybe so...!!

Ah well.. I'm just hoping this threads going to stay active.. We're back in trem time, so I was expecting a load of people to be back and taking part after the Chrimbo crawl... ( figure of speech, not a dance step, just a seasonal slowing down of the forums..! )

I've been playing about witht the robots some more, I've got a few more examples up if anyone's interested.

Hopefully we can get the transformation scene moving soon.

Even if I'm just supplying animated skeletons for tracing, I'd like to have some part in it!!

Ah well...

Here's the robots so far, complete with incomplete film http://www.geocities.com/thundachunk

Cheers

John......

[Edited by thundachunk on 01-16-2001 at 03:03 PM]

This threads gone a bit quiet of late, so I've decided to post it to the top again to see if it'll drum up some more submissions.

Have there been any developments in the Mirc/irc/icq chat's recently..?

I'm still working on the transforming bits and robot interior gubinz, I'm going to see if I can get some of my maes in the C.A.D room to draw me some worky bits!!

Cheers!!

John

*cry* Noone commented in the other thread, so I'll post it here. Where it belongs, I suppose.
    Ok. I traced one of 5th's sketches in the biiig thread.

the shading's pretty good on that trade...may need to edit the skirt a bit...it looks like she has a big bump on the left side of her hip...

Originally posted by Lauradot / page 4

*cry* Noone commented in the other thread, so I'll post it here. Where it belongs, I suppose.
    Ok. I traced one of 5th's sketches in the biiig thread.
    Nice work... Looking good!! Man, I'd better get to work!! I've made a start on some technical bits , for the transformation sequence, but nothing worth showing yet..!

Ah well.. Great stuff Laura, it's really comming on!!

Cheers

John

Hey everyone.. per director's request, I'm topping this..

Unfortunatly some of the pics have moved.. you can find some in the gallery (CAP has its own section) or maybe the orginal artist will resubmit.