A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in datadase.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in datadase.php

I have a register form and when I fill everything in and go to the next page it gives me this 1 error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '='in D:\Hosting\5476681\html\database.php on line 12. (Line 12 is town/city)

Code:
    $firstname=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['firstname']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $lastname=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['lastname']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $email=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['email']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $address1=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['address1']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $town/city=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['town/city']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $state/county=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['state/county']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $zip/postcode=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['zip/postcode']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $country=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['country']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $month=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['month']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $day=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['day']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $year=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['year']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $question=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['question']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $answer=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['answer']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $username=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['username']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $password1=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['password1']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file
    $password2=mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['password2']); //This value has to be the same as in the HTML form file

Hi,

$town/city is no good php variable name.
    $town_city or $townCity would be better

Musicman

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    You can't POST variable names like that either, as I see you are trying to do. I'm honestly not even quite sure what results you'll get from that, I've never done it, but it's not valid by any means.