A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Keep an animation streaming in background over scene change?

Question Keep an animation streaming in background over scene change?

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get an animation to stream in the background and not reset or change when there is a frame jump or scene change. I just want it to become the permanent background.

Kind of the way a sound can be set to loop and stream non-stop so long as you don't go back to the frame in which the sound started.

Yes and no. If you create a moveiclip with the cycling animation you want, just place that on a separate layer that expands the full number of frames available. As far as scene, I don't use scene so not an expert, but I don't think you can carry an animation over without a break from scene to scene.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

I am not educated enough in flash to tell you how I did it, but I had a music player that was put together with different layers. I added on to that in the same scene with other animated objects going on as well as links that opened flash within that flash that also had animation. The music player doesn't skip a beat. I didn't use different scenes. Just a different layer for the different animation.

I hope that helps.

Maybe someone else can go into a little better detail than me.

Thanks. I'll have to try putting it into a movie once I can get back into the computer lab. The arrangement of class days combined with the snowfall here in Maryland have made it so that it will have been 2 weeks since I was last able to work on my project, LOL.