A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Disappearing Buttons

Disappearing Buttons

Hello,

So am having a problem (see link towards bottom) that I have been trying to solve and I realized I should attack the problem from a different angle, hence this post.

I am setting up a small application and once in a while you will click a button to go to another page, then click another button that takes you to the original frame. Once you get to this frame though, one of the buttons isn't there anymore.

So my question is, what would cause a button to not display once you go back to the scene that originally had it? What could fix this? Should I have set up my file in a different way to prevent this?

If you click to preview the application from the link above, the easiest way to reproduce the issue is to click the "lets begin" button, wait the 5 seconds on the splash screen, then click menu > download > back. At this point the button that was originally setup will disappear.

Any thoughts are appreciated and at this point I am willing to try about anything. If you want to see the .fla file it is here.

Thanks!

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show....php?p=4232130 (Detailed issue)

We wud need to see your FLA to check and resolve the issue...It wud be great if you can upload your FLA!

In between, when u click on the Download Or Back button is your script going through any SwapDepths function or anything related to depths ?
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

Quote Originally Posted by vinayak.kadam View Post
    We wud need to see your FLA to check and resolve the issue...It wud be great if you can upload your FLA!

In between, when u click on the Download Or Back button is your script going through any SwapDepths function or anything related to depths ?
    I do not use SwapDepths (or know what it is), but I do have a bit of code in there that makes sure the finger is on top of everything else. The file was too large to upload, so I linked to a file in my original post. Here is that link again: .fla file.

Thanks for the help.

Can you please 'Save As' that file in CS 3 format!
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

Here is the CS3 Format.

Thanks!

your FLA has some classes synced to it...I would need them too!
    As ever,
    Vinayak Kadam

How would I provide those? I didn't create any separate files for them.