A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf to fla conversion

swf to fla conversion

Hi there. I'm desperately trying to convert a swf file back into a fla file. I've tried every converter that I can find but have had no luck – the converted fla files are always blank. Can anyone help me with this? I've got all the actionscript files and a swf file to show how it looks and plays but I can't create the flash file which I need to do to make some changes.

Cheers

mentally unstable member smayer72's Avatar
    There is no way to reconstruct an fla from an swf file. You can use a decompiler such as Trillix or ******* SWF Decompiler to give you an approximation, but it is never perfect.
    Scott (Australia)

Sarcasm, chaos and disorder. My work here is done!

**Mark you threads as [RESOLVED] please.**

Older SWF files (from the Flash 5 days) can be 'converted' to their source form fairly easily, but the newer stuff can only be scavenged so much. Encryption makes the process even more difficult.

I use so-think (had to add a dash to confuse the censor) every once in a while. It never reconstructs my files spot-on, but when you lose the backup, decompilers are your only option. Also, it's fun to dissect others' files to see how they tick.
    GetLives Arcade: Play games, nothing else.
    This site is nothing but Flash-powered games. If you're bored, try a few of them.