A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Frustrated, Need Help On Adding A URL to a Movie/Button in Flash 4

Frustrated, Need Help On Adding A URL to a Movie/Button in Flash 4

I have been laboring fairly hard on a header that has email buttons and a few others, but I have gotten those to work. I am hitting a Brick wall on the animated donation button. I have tried several variations of code that give no script errors when checked but fail to produce the appropriate result - Ouch! I need serious help ASAP!!! Any suggestions, I have tried addEventListener variations of A/C3 I have tried just about every AS2 script I know... what am I doing wrong? (considering I did create this piece, the guy had an emergency to handle so I have complete on my own] - what a should I do?

Why Flash 4?

That aside, if my memory is correct, Flash 4 scripting was similar to the following:
    Actionscript Code:
    onpress () {
    //do something here
    }
    Flash 4 did not allow use of ActionScript 2.0! AS2 didn't exist until Flash 6 or 7, maybe 8. (I'm not sure which exact version implemented it, because I didn't even try AS2 until I got the trial of Flash CS3, and I decided to just go ahead and learn AS3.)
    GetLives Arcade: Play games, nothing else.
    This site is nothing but Flash-powered games. If you're bored, try a few of them.

Ok, maybe I said somthing screwy... I have Flash CS4, what would you suggest under my current circumstance? Thank you for responsing BTW!